The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Super Bowl is over, next up, National Signing Day, then the draft. 

All the cool kids are talking about next year's football season already.  Don't be an ironic hipster and try to avoid it.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

according to RJ Bell of Pregame.com, the 2016 Super Bowl champ odds are

Quote2016 Super Bowl Odds: Sea 6/1; NE 7/1; GB 8/1; Den, Ind 12/1; Dal 18/1; Phi 25/1; SF, Pit, NO, Det, Bal 30/1; Cin 35/1

In other news the Jags, Bucs, Jets, Titans, Redskins, and Raiders are already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

You forgot the Browns are also already eliminated.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

I was waiting to see if Manziel stayed in rehab or not.  If he stays there 'til this time next year, they might have a chance.

OJsDad

Well, Gordon won't be playing for the Browns next season.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Arctic Blast

So...has Chip Kelly outsmarted himself? Sure looks that way right now.

bayonetbrant

Steelgrave

Sports talk radio out of Philly....She-gles fans are jumping off of rooftops and are ready to toss Chip "The Savior" Kelly off the nearest bridge. The moaning and tears of frustrated/angry Philly fans is deafening.

As a Cowboys fan stuck in enemy territory for five more months.....it's sweet music!!!

OJsDad

Martok

Quote from: Steelgrave on March 11, 2015, 02:07:13 PM
As a Cowboys fan
I bet you're just salivating over getting AP on the team, then.  I just hope Jones is dumb enough to give away the farm for him in exchange.  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Steelgrave

Quote from: Martok on March 11, 2015, 02:33:46 PM
As a Cowboys fan
I bet you're just salivating over getting AP on the team, then.  I just hope Jones is dumb enough to give away the farm for him in exchange.  :P

I'm far from convinced the Cowboys will pick up AP. Jones sometimes talks big and then does the unexpected...for good or bad. Case in point, keeping Garrett when everyone and their mother thought he would finally get fired. It won't shock me to see Murray back next year or a cheaper option in the backfield than either Murray or AP.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Steelgrave on March 11, 2015, 03:16:32 PM
Quote from: Martok on March 11, 2015, 02:33:46 PM
As a Cowboys fan

I'm far from convinced the Cowboys will pick up AP. Jones sometimes talks big and then does the unexpected...for good or bad. Case in point, keeping Garrett when everyone and their mother thought he would finally get fired. It won't shock me to see Murray back next year or a cheaper option in the backfield than either Murray or AP.

I've actually read in a few places that Jerry's kid has convinced him to back off a bit on his personnel department. Apparently, Stephen Jones has long been trying to convince dad to let his scouts do their jobs and stop playing at being a GM, and since he was brought in to the organization as an executive he's finally been successful.

It would explain a couple of very good drafts and a lack of insane roster moves...

As for Peterson, nobody is giving up a mint for that guy. You're talking about a near 30 year old tailback with a lot of wear on his legs who hasn't suited up for basically a year, and he's a nearly 12 million dollar hit against the cap. And I honestly don't think the Vikings need a mint for him. They've got some young talent, they'd open up a big piece of cap room...add another good draft to the mix, and they're not looking bad. Hell, they won 7 last year with a still-developing roster.

MetalDog

Hey Steelie, whadda ya' think about DeMarco as an Iggle?  >:D
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

Quote from: MetalDog on March 12, 2015, 06:09:04 PM
Hey Steelie, whadda ya' think about DeMarco as an Iggle?  >:D

Pretty much made my head explode......

I effin hate the She-gles, almost entirely because of their fan base. Some of the absolute crap I've heard on talk radio while exiled on the east coast this year has only justified that hatred. Worse,  I love Sam Bradford. He's a great kid, he's a Sooner and he's a class human being. DeMarco is a Sooner and a Cowboy and again, a good guy. So the best I can do is hope Sam and DeMarco stay healthy, take the She-gles for a boatload of money while proving to be huge disappointments as Philly once again misses the playoffs.

I'm going to try to call into one particular sports talk program in the morning. This clown, a fixture on Philly sports radio, said before the first Cowboys game he hoped DeMarco Murray got injured so badly the game before that he wouldn't be on the field against Philly. Totally what I've come to expect from Philly fans! If I can get in, I'm going to challenge him to play that clip the first time he has DeMarco on the program. Of course, he won't. The Philly mascot should be a chicken instead of an eagle, a chicken coated in a particular, smelly shade of brown......

Now ask me how I really feel  8)