Tanks!

Started by bayonetbrant, February 18, 2013, 08:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Quote from: Capn Darwin on May 11, 2015, 03:31:18 PM
Leo2 actually... C:-)

If I was a sentry watching that crest over the hill coming toward me... the distinction would be lost on my bladder completely.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Capn Darwin

Quote from: Windigo on May 11, 2015, 04:39:33 PM
Quote from: Capn Darwin on May 11, 2015, 03:31:18 PM
Leo2 actually... C:-)

If I was a sentry watching that crest over the hill coming toward me... the distinction would be lost on my bladder completely.

True that... O0
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

The article discusses the Soviet T-20 tank, derived from the T-18 (which is itself derived from the Renault FT). However, the picture used is of the American T-20 prototype tank, meant to be a replacement for the M-4.

It's hard to imagine that the author thought this:

was derived from this:

Sheesh! One clearly has horizontally sprung suspension, the other vertical!

(Oh, and there are a very few minor cosmetic differences as well. A highly trained eye might be able to spot them...)

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Steelgrave

One's in color and the other is black and white!!! Sheesh, how dumb is the author not to notice that!?!?   O0

Mr. Bigglesworth

The little one cleary has a german helmet.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Staggerwing

Quote from: Steelgrave on May 16, 2015, 08:55:41 AM
One's in color and the other is black and white!!! Sheesh, how dumb is the author not to notice that!?!?   O0

Another good point. Color film was invented long after black&white film so therefore the one in the color photo must be newer, no?

jomni

Staggerwing

The Leo2 gets a lot of love on these forums.

GDS_Starfury

its an awesome tank.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

These tanks are even more awesome.

BanzaiCat

besilarius

Don't you just hate it when the cops ticket your new wheels?
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

Checkpoint Charlie during the Berlin Crisis of 1961

Pics from the Soviet side - http://477768.livejournal.com/1709628.html
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus