Field of Glory: Empires

Started by -budd-, November 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC

Looks like it is out now. Now I am waiting for some comments, reviews, etc.

Still waiting............. C'mon people, I can't wait all day!  :)

MC

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 11, 2019, 09:15:53 AM
Released...39.99...downloading now.

Okay, it has been 5 minutes. How is it?

FlickJax

Purchased cant play till tonight :)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: MC on July 11, 2019, 09:20:42 AM

You can try yourself:)  Remember on Steam you can try for 2 hours and refund if you don't like:)

Tuna

If you buy the bundle it's 10 bucks off and you get FOG II with it.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on July 11, 2019, 09:37:38 AM
If you buy the bundle it's 10 bucks off and you get FOG II with it.

Even if you already own FOG2, you'll still get the $10 Off discount by choosing the Bundle option for purchasing FOG:Empires.

<:-)

Tuna

O0

Yeah.. I don't think they give you an 'extra' FOG II.. just a thankyou for already buying that

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on July 11, 2019, 09:44:59 AM
O0

Yeah.. I don't think they give you an 'extra' FOG II.. just a thankyou for already buying that

I'll take a $10 thank you any day.

:-"

Rayfer

Quote from: Nefaro on July 11, 2019, 10:00:01 AM
Quote from: Tuna on July 11, 2019, 09:44:59 AM
O0

I'll take a $10 thank you any day.

:-"

+1  Just bought it and saved $10.00.  Downloading now.   :D

Grim.Reaper

A little tip if you plan to use FOG 2 for battles...after you install Empires, you need to run FOG 2 once so it can complete some setup.  You don't have to fight a battle, just run it and get to the menu and then exit.  Then within Empires you can export battles.

devoncop

Well guys. Have played 15 turns or so as Judea (for spying purposes😉)

The UI is brilliant and the game runs like a dream.

One thing I didn't realise was that when you manage to form a province you get not only a halving in decadence from the constituent regions but also a free Governors Palace which provides +5 Culture.

Nice :bd:

Let's put it this way. You guys who have been waiting for this game are NOT going to be disappointed.

Setting up our MP game was a breeze by the way . Good job Slitherine.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

MC

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 11, 2019, 09:24:30 AM

You can try yourself:)  Remember on Steam you can try for 2 hours and refund if you don't like:)

I can wait a day or two for some comments before purchasing. I just want to make sure it is not a disappointment like "Imperator: Rome" seem to be for some people. I'm still waiting on that to see how it develops from here. However, I have high hopes for Empires.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: MC on July 11, 2019, 10:40:30 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 11, 2019, 09:24:30 AM

I can wait a day or two for some comments before purchasing. I just want to make sure it is not a disappointment like "Imperator: Rome" seem to be for some people. I'm still waiting on that to see how it develops from here. However, I have high hopes for Empires.

Sure, seems like a smart plan if your not sure....I think it will take a number of days for people to really form reasonable opinions on a game like this, although initial reactions are good to read, I suspect won't get the full picture for some time until people really dive in and get to later parts of the game.  Everyone reacted to "Rome" quickly because they had a lot of ideas already in their head based on past history, with this game that doesn't exist.  Personally, I think there will be room on my shelf for both.

al_infierno

Those of you who are retired/in more favorable timezones:  Pour one out for the homies stuck at work for the rest of the day  :'(
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Quote from: al_infierno on July 11, 2019, 12:32:53 PM
Those of you Dwho are retired/in more favorable timezones:  Pour one out for the homies stuck at work for the rest of the day  :'(
d

Nice bottle of red just been opened for my play session this evening .....I told my wife I was doing it on your orders but it seems she has a negative loyalty modifier😉
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games