2015 Grogheads Fantasy Baseball League

Started by Bison, March 06, 2015, 10:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: MetalDog on July 30, 2015, 06:30:28 PM
You do realize that x means they aren't playing...right?  This symbol, ^, means they are starting.  Whether it's pitchers or position players.

exactly - at 2pm uk time he had an X, i benched him, now hes frikking playing

MetalDog

Sorry about that.  The whims of managers everywhere fluster the players of fantasy games.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

my entire pitching staff shit the bed on the same week, and I lost to the f'n Placeholders.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

bayonetbrant

it's going to get better this week....

4 of my 5 starters all pitch on Tuesday.  Can only start 2.  Nest time one of them is scheduled to pitch?  Sunday.  I might not make my minimum this week.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

If anyone cares 16 August is the last day for trades.  I just want this season to end already.  My team sucks so bad.

bayonetbrant

Well, I have spent all season with my two best hitters on the disabled list for a good chunk of it. If you take Cabrera and holiday out of anyone up, it's hard to win

Marty Ward

Quote from: Bison on August 10, 2015, 07:57:31 AM
If anyone cares 16 August is the last day for trades.  I just want this season to end already.  My team sucks so bad.

Wanna make a trade? Just to get the medal you know :)
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

Quote from: Marty Ward on August 10, 2015, 09:43:23 AM

If you have the possibility of knocking out Metaldog, then yes, yes I do.  :coolsmiley:

MetalDog

Why the hate, Buffalo Boy?  Can't stand losing to the Dog of Metal?!

Marty Ward

Quote from: Bison on August 10, 2015, 09:58:08 AM
Quote from: Marty Ward on August 10, 2015, 09:43:23 AM

If you have the possibility of knocking out Metaldog, then yes, yes I do.  :coolsmiley:

We shall find out eh?

Cano for Altuve maybe?
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

Any thought of changing the league to a keeper league to hang onto some players for next year?

Bison

I've thought about it, but we tend to have a lot of turn over in the baseball league and my team SUCKS.  I want to keep none of them except Cane, because he's a Royal.

bayonetbrant

When does the season end / playoffs start for us?

And I can't believe I lost to the Brit last week.  Sheesh.  What a week for Bruce / Votto / Wong to all forget how to hit.

I wonder what my season would've looked like with a full year of Cabrera and Holliday... ::)

Bison

The playoffs are week 23 and 24, which starts I think on 14 September.