(FINISHED) Grogspocalypse Prequel: Early Ages Boogaloo [Dominions 5]

Started by al_infierno, July 24, 2020, 03:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMeInTeam

That might be RPing Agartha a little too far.  Get well soon!

W8taminute

solops get well soon.  We'll still be here when you get back.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tanaka

TheMeInTeam

Solops has been online a few times in other games on steam, but not for too long IIRC.  But yeah > 72h between turns is a little unusual unless something comes up.

al_infierno

Looks like he hasn't been on Steam in the last 1-2 days, hope everything's all right.  I went ahead and extended the turn timer just in case.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

solops

Sorry. Thought I had submitted. Will do so in a bit. My eyes are a bit messed up and I have to have a second surgery next week. I have not been able to do much gaming.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Tanaka

Quote from: solops on August 19, 2020, 07:06:29 PM
Sorry. Thought I had submitted. Will do so in a bit. My eyes are a bit messed up and I have to have a second surgery next week. I have not been able to do much gaming.

Just glad you are ok!  :bd:

al_infierno

Quote from: Tanaka on August 19, 2020, 08:35:31 PM
Quote from: solops on August 19, 2020, 07:06:29 PM

Just glad you are ok!  :bd:

+1
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

solops

Anyone affected by the hurricanes? We may have family evacuating to stay with us.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

TheMeInTeam

It mostly gave Florida a miss this time.  If they're coastal it's good they're evacuating, category 4 is no joke and the storm surge won't break records but it will be dangerous.

Tanaka

Quote from: solops on August 25, 2020, 06:03:30 PM
Anyone affected by the hurricanes? We may have family evacuating to stay with us.

On the Florida Gulf Coast and everything has missed us luckily!

Tanaka

Quote from: solops on August 25, 2020, 06:03:30 PM

Forget your turn again?   ;)

Tanaka

al_infierno

Quote from: Tanaka on September 27, 2020, 10:07:09 PM
Good game guys! It was fun! Let's do it again sometime!  O0

I take it your capital was taken this turn?  I have no idea what's going on as my spy network has been obliterated.   :D

Once this game's wrapped up, I'll fire up a thread for a new game.  Maybe Late Ages this time? 

- MengJiao

TheMeInTeam

I can say since Rus and probably others have eyes on it.  He was patrolling alongside PD this turn and got rainbow pretender + remaining army wiped, so it's either an empty or mostly empty cap fort under siege.  Only disconnected non-fort provinces otherwise, perfectly reasonable situation to go AI.

I'd be okay with late ages next, but this game is far from over.  I get that there's some concern I'd attempt a throne rush, but it's not realistic/not happening.  You need 9 of 12 points to win on thrones.  It's not realistic to get that many points by surprise, at least not until we're all running around with level 9 techs.