Main Menu

The FRIDAY Gritty

Started by Jarhead0331, January 31, 2020, 06:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Sorry, fellas. I watch this video periodically. That guy in the front is just so damn good and enjoyable to watch. He blows everyone else away with style.

In any event...might try to get back into Space Engineers this weekend. Maybe some old Deus Ex stuff since I'm in a cyberpunk mood. I also ordered a Logitech heavy equipment side panel to try with IL2 Tank Crew. Not really sure what else.

Enjoy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

:o whatever works

Continuing my Shadow Tactics campaign, just began the third mission (out of thirteen). Very good game - makes me really use the old brain stem.

Would also like to finally start my Fall of the Samurai campaign and also fiddle around with Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnaught, but time is limited :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

I love dancing and good dancers (Gene Kelly, Fred Astair)! He's impressive indeed!

I hope to finish my Let's play with Horizon (will be episode 15). Uploaded part 14 yesterday.

Would like to continue my campaign of Civilization's Beyond Earth (and finish?)

twitter3

Going with Forge of Freedom this weekend.

W8taminute

When I come to this thread and including now while I reply Chrome detects a .swf file and alerts me to discard it as harmful.  Just a heads up.   ;)

Posting at work where we have good anti-virus software.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Pete Dero

Quote from: W8taminute on January 31, 2020, 08:55:43 AM
When I come to this thread and including now while I reply Chrome detects a .swf file and alerts me to discard it as harmful.  Just a heads up.   ;)

Posting at work where we have good anti-virus software.

I have a warning in Firefox about that same file but you can ignore the alert.

The reason of the warning is that in the post of Anguille he included a wrong youtube link  8).

Should be : https://youtu.be/6b_dLKxr9Us   (generated by the share button)

For me it will be Pillars of Eternity 2 or Divinity Original Sin 2.

Anguille

W8taminute

Quote from: Anguille on January 31, 2020, 09:22:18 AM
My fault!  L:-)

No worries.   8)

Horizon looks like a good game.  I will have to check this out as I know almost nothing about it. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

MengJiao

Just the usual: HLL, DCS, World of Warships and some boardgames

Pete Dero

I watched the video and couldn't help but notice a small french accent  O:-).

Moreb

Quote from: twitter3 on January 31, 2020, 08:47:04 AM

Wait. What? I loved FoF and had wished they would make another one. WCS had a very promising future in my opinion but seriously dropped the ball with their representation of Conflict of Heroes and then totally missing the mark with their Brother Against Brother. Why they chose to do 3-D for CoH I'll never understand. A fan made his own program and it looked far superior to the one released. Although hi-res maps were eventually released, I think the damage had already begun. The main programmers attitude didn't help the situation although their rep, Gil, is a delightful dude.

When dongles fly? - mirth

twitter3

Moreb - I also wished they would have made a FoF2. There is something about having the strategic and tactical layer with FoF that keeps me coming back to it much like Crown of Glory.

I was very excited when they introduced the Brother vs. Brother game and thought they had planned to release several versions covering battles that did not get that much attention but I don't know what happened.

-budd-

Quote from: Moreb on February 01, 2020, 12:52:42 AM
Quote from: twitter3 on January 31, 2020, 08:47:04 AM

Wait. What? I loved FoF and had wished they would make another one. WCS had a very promising future in my opinion but seriously dropped the ball with their representation of Conflict of Heroes and then totally missing the mark with their Brother Against Brother. Why they chose to do 3-D for CoH I'll never understand. A fan made his own program and it looked far superior to the one released. Although hi-res maps were eventually released, I think the damage had already begun. The main programmers attitude didn't help the situation although their rep, Gil, is a delightful dude.

Yea, the 3D firstly was poorly done, and also not needed. I love those hi-res maps though. I picked up FOF not to long ago, haven't put much time into it yet. Brother vs Brother i've had for less time and have played a bit of and i like it, it plays pretty well and the maps look good IMHO.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

W8taminute

That Conflict of Heroes app looks awesome!  It's as if you have the actual cardboard game on your table.

I too wish they did or will do a FoF2.