Main Menu

Witcher 3 question

Started by Ubercat, April 14, 2020, 01:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

Anyone know of a mod that automatically slows the game down when a fight starts? There's a critical hit mod that starts slow motion when you get off a critical hit (I'd never be good enough to get a crit at regular speed). There's also a console command that I'd have to put in when I think a fight is about to start (and then change afterwards). Those are the only ones I can find on YouTube and Google.

I just want something simple that slows down all fights for an older guy like me and does it without requiring my intervention. Alternately, if anyone knows of other mods that make fighting easier that might help too.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Con

What helped the best for me was to buy an Xbox controller for the pc. This is how I played and it was much easier once you have the buttons down than keyboard and mouse.
Con

GeneralHawk

As suggested get a controller. Also install this mod, it changes the combat system entirely, makes it less hectic imo. No more rolling around like a jester. The controller plsu the mod changed my entire experience with the game. Highly recommend and should give you what you are asking for.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2274/
Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

Ubercat

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll have to weigh if I care enough to buy another peripheral.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Ian C

Quote from: Ubercat on April 14, 2020, 01:39:15 PM

I just want something simple that slows down all fights for an older guy like me and does it without requiring my intervention. Alternately, if anyone knows of other mods that make fighting easier that might help too.

If you play it on the easiest mode (story mode, I think) and just mash the attack button, you'll get by.

Ubercat

I think I'll start that way. Thanks.

- Thomas Sowell

Ian C

If I recall, you select silver weapons for monsters, iron weapons for humans and there's a choice of strong attack, fast attack or attack vs. multiple opponents. You can pause the game at any time to change your selection, drink a health potion etc.
With the major opponents you may have to dodge around, which involves rolling around for a bit, then getting an attack in. Every monster has a weakness. Rolling behind a foe and attacking from their rear or flanks will take them out faster.

If you get stuck on a quest, YouTube has walkthroughs, just search or you can use the Wiki: https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Quests

Ubercat

I'm playing on the easiest setting.

Another question. Shouldn't I get at least a little XP for every monster that I kill? I've checked my XP before a couple of fights and it didn't go up after I won.

- Thomas Sowell

twitter3

I believe so. I also play on the easiest level for the story mostly and if I am remembering correctly once you kill a monster (especially an easy one) you should see a colored number appear right after the kill stating how much XP  you got for that monster.

Gusington

Earning XP may be different on the easiest setting. I don't remember, honestly.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

Play Gwent. I traipsed everywhere like a stalking ex girlfriend Keeping Gwent Gwent to get all the cards. By late game you can clean out And crush the other players.

Ian C

Quote from: Ubercat on April 22, 2020, 05:05:47 PM
I'm playing on the easiest setting.

Another question. Shouldn't I get at least a little XP for every monster that I kill? I've checked my XP before a couple of fights and it didn't go up after I won.

To quote: "There is no difference in loot or xp gain between any of the difficulty settings and no attacks that enemies use only at higher difficulty levels".

jamus34

I don't think killing random mobs gets you much if any experience. Key ways to get experience are completing quests and hunts.

Granted I am not an expert but it seems like I level up every time I complete a core quest or a difficult side quest but just killing drowners on the side of the river never got me much.
Insert witty comment here.

Con