FRIDAYs and Outsiders

Started by MetalDog, May 15, 2020, 06:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

This weekend will be a lot of dueling in the Arena and maybe some Civ IV mp.  The big deal is going to be a Magic the Gathering booster draft tournament at my house.  I think there will be seven of us.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Phantom

I'm going back in time - using Launchbox/DOSbox I managed to re-animate some of my old games on my Win10 64bit machine - Tanks, Age of Rifles & Carriers at War. Aside from the latter the graphics aren't too bad & the gameplay & breadth of scenarios is wonderful. Quite easy to get into them as well as they're simple to play but challenging. Also got the V for Victory titles to work.
I'm hoping playing them will make me young again  :)

Jarhead0331

^Age of Rifles...now there is a game that needs to be remade. Still have the CDs.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

Ah, Age of Rifles....first and only place I could play out the British/Zulu actions at Isandlwana.  Deffo a title that needs a remake.

Gusington

Wrapping up some missions in AssCreed: Odyssey and getting ready to play some more AssCreed: Origins as well as a new campaign of Rome 2: TW and perhaps the Alexander the Great campaign in Civ VI.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

I am also starting the old computer to play some games from time to time.

On my list for this weekend:

- Conquest: Frontier Wars. I never managed to win the game as i lost Earth and then you have to start the whole campaign from scratch....will try to win this time.

- Empire: Total War

- Hercule Poirot's ABC.

- Pax Nova

After playing Astra Exodus last week with the beta patch, i'll wait until a new version comes out.

Sir Slash

I'm still on my Medieval TW 2 high. Here's the Last Stand of the Flemish Pikemen defending Bruges from the English. Have a great and Corona-Free weekend Grogs!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GroggyGrognard

Just picked up Armoured Commander II off of Steam and looking forward to diving into it this weekend. I haven't had time to make it past the tutorials in Total War: Shogun 2, so I would like to finish them and get into the meat of the game.

Good gaming and stay safe, Grogs!

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

MengJiao

Quote from: GroggyGrognard on May 15, 2020, 11:01:16 AM
Just picked up Armoured Commander II off of Steam and looking forward to diving into it this weekend. I haven't had time to make it past the tutorials in Total War: Shogun 2, so I would like to finish them and get into the meat of the game.

Good gaming and stay safe, Grogs!

Groggy

Sounds swell...as for me: DCS, Winter War and HLL

twitter3

I picked up Wars of Succession and The 30 Years War with my anniversary coupon yesterday so I will be messing around with them this weekend.

Pete Dero

Quote from: MengJiao on May 15, 2020, 11:26:30 AM

Just DCS for me.  My brain has no room for other games when I'm trying/learning a new module in DCS.

Myrmidon

More Dominions 5 for me, practicing up with Sceleria for the upcoming Grogspocalypse multiplayer match.

Got whooped as the Britons vs Romans in one match of Field of Glory 2, and it looks like he's going to win against me in the mirror match as the Britons.  Still learning the nuances of this game.

Meanwhile, the Tortoise has come to be a favorite in World of Tanks

Any feedback yet for the new Stellaris patch?  I've been pondering on getting a game going with it if it's in decent patch shape.

jamus34

Whatever helps me forget work for the next 48 hours.

I should probably be thankful I still have a job...but at the toll it is taking on my mental health I'm not so sure.
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on May 15, 2020, 12:28:49 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on May 15, 2020, 11:26:30 AM

Just DCS for me.  My brain has no room for other games when I'm trying/learning a new module in DCS.

No DCS for me until 5/20 when the Super Carrier module is unleashed! Then it will be back into the trenches...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Martok

Good song, MD!  Hadn't heard that one before, but I enjoyed it.  O0 

Have started a new Stellaris campaign with the 2.7 update.  I'm really not liking the colony management still, but I do appreciate a lot of the other changes and QoL improvements compared to 2.1 version. 

I've also dipped my toe back in the waters of Crusader Kings 2.  It's been so long since I played, I'm actually redoing the tutorial.  :-[ 

Quote from: Anguille on May 15, 2020, 09:44:11 AM
- Pax Nova

After playing Astra Exodus last week with the beta patch, i'll wait until a new version comes out.
Sounds like Astra Exodus still isn't ready for "primetime", I take it... 

You enjoying Pax Nova? 

Quote from: Myrmidon on May 15, 2020, 03:28:21 PM
Any feedback yet for the new Stellaris patch?  I've been pondering on getting a game going with it if it's in decent patch shape.

I'd give it another few days.  Paradox is still ironing out the inevitable bugs (the second hotfix is currently in beta). 

Quote from: jamus34 on May 15, 2020, 03:37:12 PM
Whatever helps me forget work for the next 48 hours.

I should probably be thankful I still have a job...but at the toll it is taking on my mental health I'm not so sure.
I'm sorry to hear that, jamus.  Even though what I do isn't as stressful, I certainly empathize.  Gaming has become an even bigger escape for me than usual these past couple months. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces