Ye Old Christmas Game Damage Thread

Started by airboy, November 25, 2020, 05:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demjansk1942

I still have to play all the games I own.  Mudrunner is free right now on Epic.  Played locked in load Stalingrad today

Crossroads

SGS Winter War at 30% off. So it begins.  :dreamer:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

-budd-

Picked up:

2 DLC for Endless Legend- Symbiosis/Inferno
2 DLC for Endless Space- Harmonic Memories/Celestial Worlds
Zombie Army Trilogy
Splelunky 1
Commands Ops 2- Westwall

$35
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Millipede

I need some help here. I'm looking at two games, Command: Modern Operations (C:MO) $55.99 w/Tacview $94.48 or Age of Wonders Planetfall (AoWP) $12.49. I'm only going to get one of them and, financially, AoWP is a no-brainer but... I've got a million and one 4X games and do I really need/want another? On the other hand, C:MO looks like an incredible gaming accomplishment that is monstrously intriguing but it also looks like it will take me several months to become even barely competent at it. I'm concerned about my sticktoitivness (good word, eh?) and, on top of that, I wonder about Tacview. It seems that Tacview is almost a required element to aid in learning but we're talking about almost $100 and for a game that's... that's... I don't know, it just seems like a hell of a lot of money for a game.

Comments? Suggestion? Thoughts? 

nelmsm

CMO would be my choice. Tutorials will get you up to speed and you can start with the smaller scenarios to start getting the hang of managing a battle. I don't have the Tacview and I think you will be able to get by without it. You can always add it later. 

airboy

Quote from: airboy on November 25, 2020, 05:28:15 PM
Steam Sale:
Bards Tale Trilogy
Endless Space 2
Heretic Operative
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
The Whisperer in Darkness

Total $48

Plus Shadow Empire from the Slitherine/Matrix Sale for $34

so the damage is now $82.

al_infierno

Motion sickness sounds like it could be a FOV issue, and CoD games are historically pretty bad about having a locked default FOV that's super low.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Ultimate General Civil War for just over 9 quid and a pre order of Empire of Sin.....

I did of course promise myself no more games this year  ::)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Crossroads

Quote from: Crossroads on November 28, 2020, 12:50:45 AM
SGS Winter War at 30% off. So it begins.  :dreamer:
Clicked at the Purchase button today. November 30, 2020 marks the 81th anniversary of the war.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

MengJiao

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 26, 2020, 05:26:12 AM
Not much for me.  I grabbed Chains of War and Spratley Spat for CMO and some DLC for Strange Brigade.

I got CMO.  Looks pretty interesting.

CJReich46

Sigh - I decided to fold.

EU IV has an interesting mod called Anbennar which is a total conversion mod - So I only needed Conquest of Paradise for the mod.

So that completes the EU IV:  Imperial Bundle. DONE.

Federations
and Ancient Relics for Stellaris.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose