The man who sold FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, November 02, 2018, 05:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on November 03, 2018, 07:08:58 PM
Well I survived movie night.  The boy was very polite and actually held a conversation with me.  Nothing else happened except for movie watching.  I know because I conducted covert ops monitoring the family room.  Heh heh!

Nice. What did you guys talk about?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

MikeGER

Well I survived movie night.  The boy was very polite and actually held a conversation with me.  Nothing else happened except for movie watching. 

...this t-shirt could be very popular in the Grog store, it worked for W8taminute ^-^

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Father Ted

#13 should read, "...I have a shotgun, a shovel, and a patio waiting to be built" - you don't want to ruin all the hard work of making one just to dig it up again.

JasonPratt

Ironically, I just played the Helm Hammerhand mission in Shadow of War, and this topic turned out to be pertinent...  :o
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

When I was young, the only T-shirts I paid attention to were the ones she was wearing. I think I remember hearing the sound of ammunition boxes being opened a few times I showed up for a date.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Ended up playing mostly WH40K Inquisitor Martyr. This wasn't even on my radar going into the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to see how polished it's become since the last time I played late in its early access/beta cycle. I enjoyed it, but can see how the missions are getting very repetitive. Still, the push for higher level loot and to level up your character gives it that one more mission addictive quality.

It's definitrly not for everyone, but if you like WH40K and diablo type games, it's probably worth a shot.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Began a Hun campaign in Field of Glory II. Hope to start an Avar campaign in Attila: TW (they appear in the Charlemagne dlc).

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Lots of Spider-Man and Destiny 2 for me.

Geralt looks at me with an angry stare as he is ignored another weekend.
Insert witty comment here.

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 03, 2018, 10:30:45 PM
That's the spirit W8. The old Bug-In-The-Flowerplant Trick?

Haha!  No nothing that sophisticated although that does give me an idea.   :)

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2018, 10:42:37 PM
Well I survived movie night.  The boy was very polite and actually held a conversation with me.  Nothing else happened except for movie watching.  I know because I conducted covert ops monitoring the family room.  Heh heh!

Nice. What did you guys talk about?

He told me about his upcoming soccer games.  He's on the junior varsity team for the high school.  And then we talked a little about the Red Sox and that's pretty much it.  What I appreciated was the fact he paid respect to me. 

@MikeGER

Love that T-shirt!  I would buy one immediately if it was on the Grogs store.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

So I've jumped back in to Field of Glory II and I'll be dipped in poo if it isn't kicking my ass. Until now I was decent enough at this game and could eek out wins in battles and campaigns set at the 2nd and 3rd difficulty levels. I've started playing a Hun campaign and after three tries at the second mission, the AI slaughters me as the Goths every single damned time. I don't remember if this is a community-made campaign or if it was made by the developers, but either way it is giving me nightmares about Gothic lancers.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd