Main Menu

Tutorial

Started by RangerX3X, November 28, 2015, 07:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Quote from: Father Ted on November 29, 2015, 11:52:42 AM
The Command Ops tutorial is very good.  It is a video (presented by the guy who made the game), but you're invited to play along with it.

+1  Very well done!

IronX

Quote from: W8taminute on November 29, 2015, 10:58:42 AM
Quote from: DennisS on November 29, 2015, 10:03:12 AM
For me, a good Let's Play on youtube is just as important, or even more important than a tutorial.

This would also help in making a purchase decision.

I've come to rely almost exclusively on YouTube Let's Plays for both learning a game and deciding if one is worth buying or not.

I agree. YouTube is an excellent source to both learn about a game and learn how to play a game. I found the dev's War in the West tutorials on Youtube really helpful and have really enjoyed the Command Modern Air/Naval Ops videos by Baloogan and Kushan.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Rayfer on November 29, 2015, 12:08:02 PM
The Command Ops tutorial is very good.  It is a video (presented by the guy who made the game), but you're invited to play along with it.

+1  Very well done!

Is that still true in ComOps 2?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Father Ted

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 29, 2015, 07:32:13 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on November 29, 2015, 12:08:02 PM

+1  Very well done!

Is that still true in ComOps 2?

Not that I know of, but there isn't a whole heap of difference between 1 and 2 in terms of how you play the game (think CMx1 v CMx2), so those tutorials are still a huge help if you're new to Command Ops.

Rekim

The manuals for BMS Falcon 4.33 are second to none, including a detailed training package.

http://www.bmsforum.org/forum/showthread.php?23315-BMS-4-33-Documentation

tgb

Knights of Honor's tutorial is clear, concise, and explains everything you need to know without overburdening the player.

Nefaro

I don't remember which games have the best tutorials because they don't really matter after the first few minutes.

Making a purchase based solely on games' tutorials means you're probably not doing it right.  :P

DennisS

Quote from: W8taminute on November 29, 2015, 10:58:42 AM
Quote from: DennisS on November 29, 2015, 10:03:12 AM
For me, a good Let's Play on youtube is just as important, or even more important than a tutorial.

This would also help in making a purchase decision.

I've come to rely almost exclusively on YouTube Let's Plays for both learning a game and deciding if one is worth buying or not.

Me too. I am currently drooling over Conquest of Elysium 4....GREAT game, by the yt video.