Star Wars: Armada Wave 2 out now

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, November 28, 2015, 03:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I had pre-ordered the wave 2 stuff way back in July.  It arrived today.  I got one of each of the products on offer.  Looks like the balance has swung back to the rebels.  The Mo Cal cruiser with Ackbar in command looks absolutely brutal!

I'm not sure about the MC30.  It looks too fragile for my play style but for guys who like to flank it might be useful.

The new Imperial class Star Destroyer is more up my alley.  I can see this being an awesome carrier or a heavy slugger.

Again, not sure about the raider.  It seems to be the Imperial's answer to an anti-squadron frigate but I'd rather just use fighters than rely on this thing myself.

The squadron pack is interesting.  I can see Boba Fett and the Firespray fitting into my bomber wings quite nicely. Not sure about the others though.

LongBlade

I'm thinking a couple of raiders should fly in the aft of the destroyers to prevent flanking from the Rebels.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Silent Disapproval Robot

The Rebels don't have to rely on flanking as much with the new ships.  If you run the Mon Calamari MC80 cruiser in a conga line with a couple of Assault Frigates you can be devastating at long range.

The MC80 assault cruiser has huge broadside arcs and throws 4 red dice at long range by default.

Throw Ackbar in command and add in enhanced armaments and you get to add 3 more red dice to your broadsides.

If you sacrifice a few Correllian Corvettes and activate your MC80 later in the round, you can add another attack die if you make your MC80 into The Defiance.

That's 8 red dice per turn at long range.  Against Star Destroyers that can't evade, that's going to rip them up pretty badly before they can even get into medium range and start hitting back.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.