Turn (AMC/Netflix)

Started by BanzaiCat, April 08, 2015, 08:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I'm almost done watching the first episode of this series...there's one season on Netflix right now. Pretty solid and interesting stuff, especially if you're interested in the Revolutionary War.

mirth

I saw that on Netflix. Was thinking of giving it a try now that I'm through House of Cards.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I watched the whole first season last year on AMC. Very good. The plot lines can get fuzzy a la Game of Thrones but it's well done.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Looks good. I just added it to my list. Thanks!

MetalDog

The new season starts very soon.  Saw the ads for it on MLBNetwork the other night.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

I've watched most of the 1st season and think it's pretty good. I need to catch up so I can watch the 2nd season. Maybe I'm pessimistic but I'm not sure this show will last long.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

2nd season begins with a two hour premiere this Monday night, 9pm EST.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

I tried hard to get into the show last season, but gave up on it during the third episode. The characters and story line just didn't appeal to me that much.

May try watching on Monday though.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

Anyone watching tonight? It's very good. Just this first hour is better than most of the last season. Which is unfortunate because now I have to find time to keep up with it, time that will cut into gaming :(

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd