Anno 1800 Coming Winter 2018

Started by Gusington, August 22, 2017, 06:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I keep finding these announcements while on my phone for some reason so I can't link...but Anno 1800 is just a few months away and looks quite choice. Anno is a series I have dabbled in but always wanted to dive deeper in. Maybe this will be the one.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

The earlier Anno's were good. The most recent one by all accounts was trash.

I will probably wait until a sale either way.
Insert witty comment here.

DennisS

The Anno games, all of them, are a house of cards. Fun to get going, but very frustrating when your supply chain gets interrupted. They're not bad games..but other series do it better.

Gusington

^I've only played Anno 1400 to any extent but I found what you posted above to be true...just one bump in supply and the whole project falls apart. That said, I love the idea of the series moving in to the industrial revolution.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Thanks for the heads up Gus.  Looks interesting!  I envision steam punk mods in the game's future  O0

Here's a linky:  https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/anno-1800/

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

I'm interested. That's a good era for a game like this, and one that I don't think has been used yet.

Gusington

Yeah man - I have been waiting for something like this forever.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Anno 1800 may not be a day 1 purchase for me but I will buy it sooner or later (unless something is terribly wrong with it).
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

mbar

Gusington

Thanks for posting - trying to wrack my brain and remember if I have 1602 or not...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Looks like another epic exclusive:)  Although sounds like if you pre-purchase on steam, can still play on there even after launch....but you just can't buy on steam after launch.

https://www.pcgamer.com/anno-1800-will-be-an-epic-store-exclusive-but-can-be-pre-purchased-on-steam-until-launch/

Geezer

So no beta for Steam buyers, and it will never go on sale on Steam or even be sold on Steam after release.    :knuppel2:   I'm out.  Wasn't that hyped anyway but might have picked it up on a Steam sale down the road if it got rave reviews.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw