My new toy! (image heavy)

Started by Staggerwing, April 26, 2015, 08:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: GJK on April 26, 2015, 04:17:04 PM
So how much would it cost to print out a platoon of Tigers?

The filament cost about $40 CDN for a cartridge of 900 g. Stagger will have to tell you how much material the Tiger took to make. The machine gives you the approx. amount before you start, based on resolution and size of model. This lets you change the resolution or re-work the model to use less material. It also prevents you starting a model if you don't have enough filament left in the current cartridge.

Guessing from the size of the Tiger I'd say about 10 g of filament were used. So 1 Tiger costs about $0.44 CDN. Cheaper than the $5 for a GHQ metal model and larger scale.

Staggerwing

Barth, don't forget to prorate the cost of the printer. Over 4 tanks, well...  :))

Have you had to reboot your office machine yet? I can't find the button combo anywhere in the instructions and right now the printer is stuck in an initialization loop. on/off and Unplugging have not helped so far. I have a support ticket in but I've heard that Davinci's CS dept is iffy.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 27, 2015, 06:25:42 PM
Barth, don't forget to prorate the cost of the printer. Over 4 tanks, well...  :))

Have you had to reboot your office machine yet? I can't find the button combo anywhere in the instructions and right now the printer is stuck in an initialization loop. on/off and Unplugging have not helped so far. I have a support ticket in but I've heard that Davinci's CS dept is iffy.

Don't prorate. Just right off the printer and you start at zero!  :D

Not had to re-boot.... not even sure how that would work... hard power reset should work.  ???

Staggerwing

Hopefully I don't have a bad board then. The printer stopped in the middle of the VW build and the extruder head returned to home but the platform stayed elevated.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys