Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IncompetentIdiot

Ah, right. I'm content to take Rome Consul then. My bonus influence will go to Cornelius.

As Erax suggested, I propose that we raise the last 3 legions and then send Camillus with 4 against the Veientine War and Cincinnatus with 3 to fight the Volscian War (not sure if all of those need to constitute separate proposals).

Erax

I think JP is allowing us to bundle all those together for ease of play. If it's allowed, I'll vote in favor, it was my suggestion after all.

JasonPratt

Those are two different kinds of Proposals, so raising the Legions comes first. The other two Proposals are the same kind (deploying a Force to a War) so they can be batched.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

2nd Proposal then (1st was for Consuls): raise the last three possible Legions. Cost will be 30 Talents now, and another 6 Talents per year ongoing.

I.I.'s Aristocrats naturally vote pro; and so do the Progressives. I'll set up the tallies soon when I get home.

Unless and until I.I. provides a voting schedule, any Faction can vote whenever on this Proposal.

(The deployment of Forces is a separate category and must be separate proposal, and is not yet being voted on. Note that the PontMax and the priests do NOT get extra votes for or against the current proposal: they only get extra votes on propositions of Force deployment or recall.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

malize

populists:

legion increase - aye
deployment as suggested - aye

JasonPratt

I'll keep in mind the deployment batch voting for later, which will skip things along.

For raising 3 more Legions, the voting stands at +7+2 Aristocrats; +3 Progressives; +5+2 Militarists; +6+1+1 Popularists = 27 pro vs 0 con.

There are only 24 potential votes remaining against (the Conservatives have 1 knight now who can vote double against any proposals), and there's no advantage for them to register voting against, so this Proposal passes.

IncompetentIdiot

I now make the proposal to deploy Camillus with 4 legions against the Veientine War and then Cincinnatus with 3 legions against the Volscian War.

JasonPratt

Republic Treasury down 30 to 36.

3rd and 4th Proposals are of the same category, and so are being batched per I.I.

Aristocrats necessarily vote 9, Progressives already indicated they would vote +3 again; Populists already indicate they will vote +8 again.

Vote stands at 20 for, 0 con.

Tripoli might have already indicated a "for" as well, but I can't tell for sure so I have to count the Militarists as not having voted yet. This leaves 31 still potentially against (including AzTank's activist knight).

Any further vote by any Faction, including Tripoli's 7 Militarists, will be a solid majority with no benefit to further voting.

Tripoli

Yep, my vote was for the proposal for raising the legions.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Tripoli on October 17, 2018, 07:44:08 PM
Yep, my vote was for the proposal for raising the legions.

....okay, so are you voting yes or no for deploying the legions?

Tripoli

If the vote for raising the legions passes, and we therefore have the number of legions that the deployment proposal requires, then yes, I will also vote for the deployment of the legions as per the proposal.

JasonPratt

Ah! -- got it. Yes, the vote for raising the Legions already passed with a majority (things moved really quickly yesterday!) We're now doing the force deployment vote (batching the two deployment proposals).

It's all good now. You cast the deciding vote for deployment.  O:-) (And also AzTank dropped a note in hangout chat that the Conservatives would also vote for the deployment.)

JasonPratt

So, with that Proposal settled, the Presiding Magistrate -- currently the Roman Consul -- leaves the Senate, and automatically closes the Senate in going.

I'll be resolving the Combat Phase later today. (Around 9 hours from now.)

Meanwhile! -- looking forward, no one has so many Faction cards in your hand that you need to discard (or donate off) yet. So unless someone wants to trade or donate cards for consideration, I'll be double-checking whether anyone has valid Statesmen and/or Concessions to play, and then moving along to Turn Four's Mortality Phase, then the first segment of the Revenue Phase pretty quickly tonight (allowing some asynch lag for playing any such valid Faction cards).

Meanwhile, looking further forward! -- odds are good that the Republic may enter the Italian Era next Turn.  <:-) This will trigger a few game differences, but nothing that Players need to worry about planning to adjust for now. I'll discuss those differences when we cross that bridge.

JasonPratt

With Cincinnatus and Camilius gone to war, the Aristocrats have 16 Total Influence and 7 Normal Vote tally; and the Conservatives have 20 Total Influence and 8 Normal Vote tally. Of course, the Senate is closed so the voting tally doesn't matter any more this Turn -- but if the senators don't come home from War immediately, this will become a factor next Turn...!

Fabius of the Conservatives is the highest ranking available officer left behind, as the Pontifex Maximus.

Let's check in at the Fronts: