Feedback on Review of Fallen Enchantress

Started by bayonetbrant, August 24, 2014, 07:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Airboy's review is up today.  Well, part of it is...  :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

undercovergeek

awesome - im engrossed in Elite and Rome II and this write up makes me want to play the game

Boggit

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 24, 2014, 09:40:27 AM
awesome - im engrossed in Elite and Rome II and this write up makes me want to play the game
It's a great game. Avery's done a nice job. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

airboy

Thanks.  Part 2 will be longer than Part 1.

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Martok

Nice! 

I hope, though, that you've enjoyed FE:LH at least reasonably well, airboy.  I'd hate to think you'd devoted 70+ hours to a game you didn't like simply for the sake of being thorough in your review.  :-\ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

airboy

Quote from: Martok on August 26, 2014, 09:15:47 AM
Nice! 

I hope, though, that you've enjoyed FE:LH at least reasonably well, airboy.  I'd hate to think you'd devoted 70+ hours to a game you didn't like simply for the sake of being thorough in your review.  :-\

Time spent on this was a combination of being hurt & in a lot of pain out of work plus a great game.  I've found that if I'm on pain meds or hurting a lot, that playing a PC game can take my mind off of it better.  [I'm fine. Very weird, painful injury].

My overall review ended up running 12 single spaced, typed pages.  Part one is only pages 1-4.  The game had some very unique elements worked into a 4x game format that took some level of explaining to get across.

Martok

Cool.  Glad you're feeling better, man. 
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

Wow.  I'd say airboy enjoys FE:LH even more than I do (and that's saying something)! 

bayonetbrant

Martok

^  Yeah, I meant to comment on that as well. 

I wholeheartedly agree.  I realize FE:LH doesn't do it for everyone, of course.  But if there's if any one fantasy-strategy title released in the last year or two that deserves the distinction, it's definitely this one IMHO.