Halloween

Started by besilarius, September 10, 2019, 05:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on October 11, 2019, 08:14:40 AM
^I like that. On the Civil War tip, one of the spookiest places I've ever been is the Gettysburg battlefield. Should be on every Grog's to-visit list, it's the definition of hallowed ground.

Not being a Nor'easterner like so many of ya'll (see what I did there?), I will say my favorite part about spending a year in Delaware a few years back was visiting the battlegrounds, the towns and villages where history took place, the backroads and rural areas where America sprang from. That and Amish cooking. Loved me some Amish markets on weekends!   O0

Sir Slash

Antietam is great also.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Antietam is going to be the next trip.

We may also do Valley Forge this winter.

Gettysburg is not someplace I would want to be at night. On our visit only the hardiest of souls stayed past sundown...the park empties out of probably 80-90% of its visitors after dark.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

besilarius

Allen Sherman, who wrote and sang "Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh, here I am at Camp Granada", also did "My Son, the Vampire."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM8ORAe-sR8&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3yqumeI2LUSpXr9hiuevEAkCmFJEzIdXrh8__qpPlGQamrIichZzxT3Lg

"With your eyes closed?"

besilarius

Nothing says "Family Activity" like crafting shrunken heads.

"With your eyes closed?"

Gusington

I agree. Quality time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Or, you could just go to the Capitol in D.C. and pick-up all the Shrunken Heads you could ever need.  :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"

besilarius

Not spooky, but very scary.  Especially to fathers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ky7Fs6ng0

"With your eyes closed?"

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"

besilarius

The Comedy of Terrors.
Vincent Price and Boris karloff have a fun time with groulish humor.  A lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL6R54_QoL4&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3wldvE1uOWhORgbRvveV57_zDeQsY6FedHJ6LGnMCjRVhSMk4kieVHzJw

"With your eyes closed?"

Gusington

I remember Soupy Sales - am I old?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Yes. I'm so old, I  remember him before he was, 'Soupy'. Back then he was just plain Broth.  :coolsmiley: