Star Wars: Rebellion

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, November 03, 2015, 11:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I'm staying away from that older stuff, at least for now. IA has not just the expansions, but the character packs too, which I've done my best to resist getting.

I'm not sure if Rebellion can have expansions, but I wouldn't put it past FFG to do so, especially if it's as huge a seller as I think it'll be.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm pretty sure it'll have expansions.  They're recycling the minis from Armada so I expect to see some packs with B-Wings, A-Wings, TIE bombers and the like.

A lot of the guys who had been playing Armada here have been getting back into Imperial Assault.  I've played it a few times but that one's never really clicked with me.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Bison on March 26, 2016, 10:38:01 PM
I love FFG, but their prices just make it prohibitive to own, expand, and play multiple games.  And I still need to get Imperial Assault for crying out loud.

Yep, so you have to pick your poison.

I unloaded Eldritch Horror. It wasn't getting played enough to be worth the continued expansion churn.

I've got the base of the Star Wars LCG, and I'll be picking up 2 expansions that boost it to a 2-4 player game and flesh out the 5th and 6th factions. I MIGHT get the other big box expansions, but I'm staying away from the monthly force packs. And I'll be grabbing the base of the 2nd edition Game of Thrones LCG. If people like it, I may grab a second core set, make 8 permanent faction decks, and probably add nothing to it from that point forward.

I don't really own any other FFG stuff except a few one-off games.

Silent Disapproval Robot

For Star Wars: LCG, I'd skip the Imperial Entanglements expansion.  The Imperial Navy cards in there are insanely powerful and really screw up the game balance.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 27, 2016, 10:53:40 PM
For Star Wars: LCG, I'd skip the Imperial Entanglements expansion.  The Imperial Navy cards in there are insanely powerful and really screw up the game balance.

Good to know. For now, I'm getting Balance of the Force and Edge of Darkness. I'll stay away from Imperial Entanglements. Between the Shadows will require further research.

Bison

Balance and Edge are nice expansions.  The other thing with SW is that you really need two base sets, but the rest of the expansion a single box if you want to have complete sets of certain cards in your deck.

Arctic Blast

Well, I got my notice today that my SW : Rebellion pre-order is in and shipping out tomorrow...so I promptl;y added the Game of Thrones LCG core sets to it...and the Sid Meier's Civ expansions.  ;D

Silent Disapproval Robot

I was playing X-Wing at the FLGS today.  They already had Rebellion out on the shelves with a "not for sale until midnight" sticker on them.

BanzaiCat

That's weird, because Amazon texted me yesterday (Thursday 3/30) to say Rebellion and the other two things I ordered were on their way and would be here tomorrow.

I guess technically that's okay as far as the release date is concerned, but I was somewhat ??? that the game was technically released a day early for shipping. But whatever.

The only thing is I won't get much of a chance to paw through it because my wife's b-day is this weekend and we're going to a friend's house in Dallas to celebrate. And no, none of them are gamers. :(

mirth

It's common for Amazon to ship items prior to release so they arrive on the release day. I've had it happen with pre-order video games.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

^ Good to know, though that would mean it needs to arrive today then, right? I have to wait until tomorrow.

That might be because of the two packages of filters for my dog's water bowl I bought, but it's not like I'd have any more time to check it out tonight as opposed to tomorrow...gosh darn it.

Bison

You buy water filters for your dog's water bowl? 

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on March 31, 2016, 07:21:07 AM
You buy water filters for your dog's water bowl?

Yeah, sounds a little too first world, I know. Thing is, ever since we got our Pit Bull, and my mother-in-law had to follow suit and get herself a little Terrier, keeping the water dish full with three dogs was an issue; our Pit especially is like a sponge and sucks the bowl dry. About a year ago I was over at someone's house for a game night and they had this water bowl that was quiet, circulated water, and was pretty large:

http://www.amazon.com/Dogit-Design-Drinking-Fountain-Original/dp/B004OHQUUY?ie=UTF8&keywords=dogit%20fresh%20and%20clear&qid=1459428196&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I bought it last August and it's awesome. Instead of having to fill the normal, large water bowl six or seven times a day, I only need to futz with it once a day. The filters are necessary, at least with my Bagel (Bassett/Beagle mix), because he slobbers so much he can clog up the pump. The filters help with that a lot.

mirth

I'll bet that would work great with young kids too :P