Advanced Squad Leader

Started by DV8, April 03, 2012, 05:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 05, 2017, 12:24:59 PM
Festung Budapest just got delivered!  :smitten:

It's a gorgeous module - I just haven't had the time to get into it yet but I'd really like to soon. 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Rekim

Am doing my setup for a Ftf game of FB scenario #12 in the morning. It's a meeting engagement in downtown Budapest with a novel twist; both players write down their setup in advance and place forces simultaneously. Also...random roll to determine which side goes first  :)) The attacker needs to control 5 of 8 VP hexes at the end.

Yskonyn

That's a nice way to get unpredictable results.
Now that I have the general rules of play down I am ready to focus more on tactics and the when and where of putting your forces forward.

Do you guys know of any sources which analyse the differences between the various nations? Like, what makes the Brits different than the Yanks, which things should you keep in mind when trying to attack with a given MMC or group of MMC's in relation to the oppositions, etc?

The technical understanding of how to use the rules is settling in my head, but the practical application in relation to conducting tactical operations is a different mater I find...
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Armies of Oblivion are now up for pre order again!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."