Main Menu

FRIDAY on my mind

Started by Martok, June 26, 2020, 04:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

This song was playing at work earlier, only it was a "newer" rendition sung by a different artist.  I suspect I'll always prefer Ray's version. 

I just couldn't get into the Game of Thrones mod for Medieval Total War/Viking Invasion, but the XL mod is still as good as ever.  Am trying something a bit different this time, and playing as Kiev; we'll see if I can tame the Russian steppes! 

A new update was just released for Interstellar Space: Genesis, so will probably give that a go as well.  Still looking for that space 4x to scratch my itch... 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Great music...

Don't have a lot of time this weekend so i'll see what i manage to play.

Main games:

- Port Royale 3: the adventurer campaign. I am having more fun then with the economic campaign.
- Still working on the conquest of the Americas in Empire Total War. My main problem is that the Brits and the Spaniards have fairly big fleets and also the Spaniards have a good amount of troops in the South....

I will some turns in the following space 4x games:

- I may start a new game of Interstellar Space: Genesis. Had started a game when they had the beta for the patch but wasn't aware that the official patch was coming out so soon.
- Also testing the new beta patch for Astra Exodus

Destraex

Quote from: Martok on June 26, 2020, 04:31:30 AM
This song was playing at work earlier, only it was a "newer" rendition sung by a different artist.  I suspect I'll always prefer Ray's version. 

I just couldn't get into the Game of Thrones mod for Medieval Total War/Viking Invasion, but the XL mod is still as good as ever.  Am trying something a bit different this time, and playing as Kiev; we'll see if I can tame the Russian steppes! 

A new update was just released for Interstellar Space: Genesis, so will probably give that a go as well.  Still looking for that space 4x to scratch my itch...

Friday on my mind made me think more of this:
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

Used my Matrix 48% anniversary coupon to get Shadow Empire, Warplan and Strategic command WWI so it will be one of those for the weekend.  Or I can just watch DasTactic play Shadow Empire on Twitch ...

Dammit Carl!

Still doing laps and whatnot; really loving Dirt Rally 2.0 where I oddly do well on snow tracks in my stupidly high powered - rear wheel drive vehicles.

Going to have to seriously pick up a wheel and pedals and VR for this shit at some point.

Have fun and stay safe folks!

W8taminute

I'll be playing a ton of Shadow Empire.

Tonight I'll be online with friends for some Heroes & Generals.

For the rest of the weekend I'll probably be playing around with Wars Across The World which I just picked up on the Steam Summer Sale.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Barthheart

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on June 26, 2020, 07:58:39 AM
Still doing laps and whatnot; really loving Dirt Rally 2.0 where I oddly do well on snow tracks in my stupidly high powered - rear wheel drive vehicles.

Going to have to seriously pick up a wheel and pedals and VR for this shit at some point.

Have fun and stay safe folks!

I have a wheel and pedals but no VR yet. Really helps with Dirt Rally 2.0.  O0

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Barthheart on June 26, 2020, 08:03:09 AM

Ol' Lady nearly threw a rod when I rolled in with the new Thrustmaster HOTAS setup a few months back so I can only imagine the level of shitosity I'd have to endure bringing vehicular peripherals into the house.

So, I gotta play it...smmooovvvee.  Gotta knock her out B. A. Baracus style for, say, a month or two.  Easy!

Kidding aside, I'm looking at those guys making their own, home made cockpit setups and am pretty sure I can do that.  Also, only the Boy and myself use the "big," computer for gaming (mostly - I do work some at home nowadays), so why not ditch the desk and put something together that is more useful to our pastime?  Anyways, it's something I'm pondering as of late.

Barthheart

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on June 26, 2020, 08:33:36 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 26, 2020, 08:03:09 AM

Ol' Lady nearly threw a rod when I rolled in with the new Thrustmaster HOTAS setup a few months back so I can only imagine the level of shitosity I'd have to endure bringing vehicular peripherals into the house.

So, I gotta play it...smmooovvvee.  Gotta knock her out B. A. Baracus style for, say, a month or two.  Easy!

Kidding aside, I'm looking at those guys making their own, home made cockpit setups and am pretty sure I can do that.  Also, only the Boy and myself use the "big," computer for gaming (mostly - I do work some at home nowadays), so why not ditch the desk and put something together that is more useful to our pastime?  Anyways, it's something I'm pondering as of late.

I haven't gone full cockpit yet, but my man cave has a 55" 4k TV on the wall, so I made a stand for the wheel and pedals and bought an extra long HDMI cable that reaches from my desktop to the TV. Now I sit on my small couch and drive in style! Even have a side table for my beer!!  :D

Dammit Carl!

Envious of anyone with their own "_cave."  Best I can manage is a shed outside (no power, just for tools and such).  Sigh.

Gusington

Any thread that mentions B.A. Baracus is ok in my book. He is welcome in my cave any day.

On a whim I tried out Spintires last night. No goals, no real missions, just trying to get from Point A to Point B through a lot of mud in old Russian trucks. Kinda zen.

Then I played through the tutorial of Armored Battle Crew - a little cartoony, but like Spintires there's is something zen about it - I've been thinking about both this morning when not raging with work.

I also FINALLY played the first mission (target practice basically) of Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts. I failed to sink the hulk in the alotted time, but had a damn fun time fitting out my ship and blasting the hell out of the target. If I 'git gooder' this has the potential to be an all time favorite for me, I can feel it.

Oh and I'm trying to pretend that Steam doesn't exist.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GroggyGrognard

Great song pic, Martok!

Still learning Shadow Empire. Maybe some Total War 2: Shogun and Shellshock Live. With its latest update and the Afrika Corps 1941 Campaign included, I'm also thinking about getting back into Armoured Commander II.

I'm trying to resist the Steam Summer Sale, but with OOTP 21 for 20 bucks, temptation calls.

Have a great weekend, Grogs!

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Pete Dero

I didn't want to start a new thread for this and it is happening this weekend so it could go in this thread :

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/tankfest-online-2020/

Sunday, June 28 at 16:00 CEST (UTC+2)

World of Tanks partnered up with The Tank Museum in Bovington to launch Tankfest Online. We will recreate and expand the biggest display of historic moving armor in the world as an online event for tank fans everywhere! It is a unique opportunity to support the museum, learn more about the history of armored warfare, see tanks in action, and much more.

Additionally, we will have plenty more special guests who will showcase their stunning armored vehicles! Tune in on Twitch or YouTube and join Wargaming's own Richard "The Challenger" Cutland and David Willey, Curator at The Tank Museum in Bovington, who will lead you through the day.

Join us on Sunday, June 28, for a one of a kind online experience at the museum. We will also recreate the famous Arena Show – a rare demonstration of The Tank Museum's tanks in action. The spectacle will be presented by Wargaming's own Richard Cutland and David Willey, the Tank Museum Curator, to provide you with a historical overview. This is by no means the complete list of activities as there will be other interactive content throughout the day!

Sir Slash

Medieval 2 TW with the Stainless Steel mod as Leon for me. With a little Combat Mission: Market Garden thrown-in for fun. Have a great first weekend of Summer Grogs everywhere! Keep your Dongles out of the sun so they don't get burnt.  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

That sounds awesome Pete Dero, thanks for posting.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd