Main Menu

Field of Glory II

Started by Anguille, June 13, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman2575

I'm gonna guess $49.99. Wouldn't surprise me.

Nefaro

Quote from: sandman2575 on October 10, 2017, 06:44:02 PM

Ehh...  :-\

Hope it's more like $30.  Maybe $35 tops.  Beyond that.. I start getting on the fence, or worse.

$50 digital games just... no.  They better have all the shinies, all the bells & whistles.  All the depth & replayability & graphical beauty I could envision, for that price.  They better be pushing limits, and tickling fancies yet untouched, preferably with some new or greatly expanded game engine.

For that price, I could buy a designer physical game of great material quality.  In some cases, even get some nice included minis to paint & further enjoy. 

After my last big digital game purchase at that price range, I realized I needed to keep it all in relative perspective.  Especially with how little I actually play these high dollar PC games.

Grim.Reaper

Minimally $39, can't see anyway cheaper than that...I would guess between $39-$49.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 10, 2017, 07:08:47 PM
Minimally $39, can't see anyway cheaper than that...I would guess between $39-$49.

Sengoku Jidai was $30.

???

EDIT:

I think Byzantine has had reasonable prices in the past.  And I've been buying them.   :smitten:

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on October 10, 2017, 07:14:45 PM

Sengoku Jidai was $30.

???

EDIT:

I think Byzantine has had reasonable prices in the past.  And I've been buying them.   :smitten:

pike and shot $39.99

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 10, 2017, 07:25:30 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 10, 2017, 07:14:45 PM

Sengoku Jidai was $30.

???

EDIT:

pike and shot $39.99

The original?

Or the deluxe "Campaign" version that included the expansion stuff?

$40 is around fence sitting area for me.  Definitely depends on what it is.

Also - don't they also offer a small discount for the first week or two after launch? 

CJReich46

Quote from: Nefaro on October 10, 2017, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on October 10, 2017, 06:44:02 PM

Ehh...  :-\

Hope it's more like $30.  Maybe $35 tops.  Beyond that.. I start getting on the fence, or worse.

$50 digital games just... no.  They better have all the shinies, all the bells & whistles.  All the depth & replayability & graphical beauty I could envision, for that price.  They better be pushing limits, and tickling fancies yet untouched, preferably with some new or greatly expanded game engine.

For that price, I could buy a designer physical game of great material quality.  In some cases, even get some nice included minis to paint & further enjoy. 

After my last big digital game purchase at that price range, I realized I needed to keep it all in relative perspective.  Especially with how little I actually play these high dollar PC games.

Ditto  :-\    I got Pike and Shot Campaigns with my Anniversary Coupon.  But I am interested to see how Field of Glory II is, and I'm patient.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

jomni

As per previous titles (P&S, SJ - shameless plug), given the potential for several DLCs, there will eventually be a collectors ed.

But if you really like tabletop games with endless amount of skirmish matches, then buying on day 1 is a no brainer

Zulu1966

Think will be 39. Don't care anyhow will get it. Been wanting proper ancients war game forever and this looks excellent. Tried the hps stuff but never got on with the God awful interface
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Cyrano

On the Grogcast (TM) last night, Brant was talking about the glee we once felt waiting for the next game from SPI to arrive in the mail or, in his case, even the next catalogue.

Speculating about how much a game is going to cost seems to have taken the place of all that.

Very strange that Slitherix is so assiduously mysterious about this -- and apparently by policy.

Their business, of course, but runs counter to much current practice.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Geezer

Quote from: Cyrano on October 11, 2017, 09:35:23 AM
...Very strange that Slitherix is so assiduously mysterious about this -- and apparently by policy.

IIRC Matrix used to announce the price ahead of release.  Regardless of how reasonable the price might have been there were always a few trolls lambasting them about how unreasonable it was.  They probably felt it cost them some sales so they stopped doing it.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Tpek

Quote from: Geezer on October 11, 2017, 10:31:11 AM
Quote from: Cyrano on October 11, 2017, 09:35:23 AM
...Very strange that Slitherix is so assiduously mysterious about this -- and apparently by policy.

IIRC Matrix used to announce the price ahead of release.  Regardless of how reasonable the price might have been there were always a few trolls lambasting them about how unreasonable it was.  They probably felt it cost them some sales so they stopped doing it.

But the same effect would happen when the game gets released and the price is revealed :P

Geezer

I agree.  But maybe their thinking is there would also, hopefully, be a lot of good new player reviews to drown out the trolls.  Anyway it's all just speculation on my part.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Grim.Reaper

At the end of the day pricing doesn't really matter to me......developers are free to charge whatever they want and consumers can decide if worth to them or not...

I do think Matrix brought some of the scrutiny on themselves by things done in the past....

If I am not mistaken, the first price battle happened with Command Ops series...at least it was the first one I was exposed to.  I don't believe Matrix shared the pricing until release and they labeled it as a "premium" game and it was $80, pretty big departure from their past releases.  So I can see how consumers would have been shocked and surprised by that.  But again, to me they can charge whatever they want and we can buy whatever we want.

Personally, the biggest price thing that bother me was World in Flames.  Another title labeled as premium and cost me a $100+...it was my choice to pay it so that is my fault.  But that game was far from a premium title and likely still is not complete.  Right after release they acknowledged it was in not good shape, but really didn't offer anything to the buyers...they had their money and that was that.

As for this title, I'll be purchasing if a reasonable cost, which to me is in the $39-$49 range....