Main Menu

Field of Glory II

Started by Anguille, June 13, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

-budd-

The large battles didn't feel very epic.There's instructions on Slitherine forum about how to adjust the number of figures in units. I gave it a whirl, looks a bit more epic. Only a minor slow down on my machine when a large group move is used, other than that no issues through 2 battles. This is a very large custom battle.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Nice!

Although at that point, there isn't much lateral maneuver space left on the map.  :(

-budd-

From the mini map you can see how much space the water takes up. That is the biggest map size, wonder if that can be modded.

-budd-

One thing you can do is send your units off map on a flank end around and they might show up on the enemy flank. Just had the AI do that to me, surprised me when they showed up on my flank after my reserves had been committed. I haven't tried it myself yet, but apparently you can do it. Although there's no guarantee they show up before the battle ends.

jomni

Quote from: -budd- on October 27, 2017, 12:41:32 AM
One thing you can do is send your units off map on a flank end around and they might show up on the enemy flank. Just had the AI do that to me, surprised me when they showed up on my flank after my reserves had been committed. I haven't tried it myself yet, but apparently you can do it. Although there's no guarantee they show up before the battle ends.

You can't do that deliberately.  You only can sort of do that when you select Flank March scenario.  But the routine will chose which units to send on flank march.

In Open Battle, the enemy will randomly perform a flank march on you. But it's not deliberate but more of a random occurrence.

-budd-

Quote from: jomni on October 27, 2017, 02:14:47 AM
Quote from: -budd- on October 27, 2017, 12:41:32 AM

You can't do that deliberately.  You only can sort of do that when you select Flank March scenario.  But the routine will chose which units to send on flank march.

In Open Battle, the enemy will randomly perform a flank march on you. But it's not deliberate but more of a random occurrence.
Didn't know that, thank you sir.

Pete Dero

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2428/Field.of.Glory.II.Updated.to.version.1.0.2

Field of Glory II has been updated to version 1.0.2! This is a significant and important update as it adds tons of improvements and changes.

Cyrano

#nerfparthians

Figured I'd get in early.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

WallysWorld

So I got my Matrix anniversary coupon today and was looking at getting this game and its expansion. Do people still play and enjoy the game?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Cyrano

52 hours in and counting.

Waiting for Round 2 of the Holiday Tourney to start.

It is not without certain imperfections -- and my wait continues for live MP -- but it remains a favorite here.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

WallysWorld

Thanks for the reply. I'm still debating it as the coupon is good for a month and FoG II is not on sale now anyway.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

jomni

DennisS

Pete Dero

Quote from: DennisS on January 09, 2018, 10:18:39 AM
Quote from: jomni on January 09, 2018, 08:58:46 AM
Massive mod coming our way.
http://www.slitherine.com/news/2477/Field.of.Glory.II.-.Tabletop.Mod

Will this tabletop mod be compatible with the Steam version?

You can download the mod directly from the game, clicking on the "Download community scenarios" button in the upper left side of the Main Menu, Epic Battles or Campaigns screen.

Worked for me on Steam for the previous big mod  (The Silk Road mod created by Jomni http://steamcommunity.com/app/660160/discussions/0/1621724915765912209/) so should work for this one.