Burden of Command Announced

Started by Mad Russian, June 30, 2017, 09:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

FarAway Sooner

That is a cool video.  Very "Band of Brothers", which is, I assume, the vibe you're going for? 

Tripoli

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 17, 2020, 06:34:07 PM
That is a cool video.  Very "Band of Brothers", which is, I assume, the vibe you're going for?

Yes, we are trying to hit that vibe.  Thank you for the complement.  We appreciate it.  This week's video is here:
https://twitter.com/burdenofcommand/status/1231632311659008001?s=21

Tripoli

Below is the link to the latest "History Sunday".  Although this feature will continue, we are putting it on hiatus for awhile, as we focus on adding new content into the game.

https://youtu.be/BhtWSpl1DdQ

Philippe

While I'm certainly enjoying the videos, I think I'd rather you spent your energies on perfecting the game.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

The_Admiral

Oh well in all fairness it's not really the same people... Different jobs, especially with a team as diverse & competent as theirs :coolsmiley:
I know I feel guilty everytime I ask a screen to my Lead Dev but in all honesty the work we do narrative or PR-wise doesn't impact much development, if at all.
Clearly the team had a new map ready and they were looking for a good way to introduce it in a historical context.

lhughes42

Hey Philippe and The_Admiral,

Shockingly you are both right ;-)  We do have a distinct historical media team run by Steve Lohr. On the other hand, one of my many hats as team lead, I also play video editor LOL. So was sucking time away from coding.

Further the historical media team is responsible for *in game* historical media and since everyone's real life time has gotten busier on that team, really want their limited volunteer hours going to the game's historical media now.

Luke (lead)

p.s. coming down with Flu quite possibly so sorry if more incoherent than normal here ;-)
Burden of Command lead
Steam: http://bit.ly/BoCSteam

Tripoli

Here's the latest art from Burden of Command: Wrecks!

Tripoli

Tripoli

Paging any Grogheads who are interested in participating in making Burden of Command:

Our expert photo editor @EricBenjamin59  could use some help with photo editing (we have a lot of historical pictures in the game!).  If interested and selected, you will get a chance to hone your photo editing skills and see your work in Burden of Command.  See the image below for details on this volunteer position:

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on December 26, 2019, 05:00:26 PM
Quote from: BradS62 on August 03, 2019, 10:18:10 PM
That was quite a peek. Why do I sense we're at least a year away.
You are 40% correct so far.

67%

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on April 03, 2020, 09:27:57 AM
Quote from: Michael Dorosh on December 26, 2019, 05:00:26 PM
Quote from: BradS62 on August 03, 2019, 10:18:10 PM
That was quite a peek. Why do I sense we're at least a year away.
You are 40% correct so far.

67%

167%

Any news on this? Does Burden of Command have some weird contest with Second Front as to who can release last?

JasonPratt

No complaints, just another hope that things are going okay in moving along (even if sporadically)!  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 22, 2021, 03:44:19 PM
No complaints, just another hope that things are going okay in moving along (even if sporadically)!  O:-)

JP, I just saw this.  The BoC team is still hard at work.  A lot of our updates are being put out in "micro-development" posts on Twitter and Youtube.  Here's a link to the Youtube channel which features the micro development blogs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6D1rHMFvqsVM1ICFVQFXOA   

z1812

I have looked at all the videos on you tube and I really like the approach. I like the black and white photos for unit identity and the actual soldier sprites, but I don't care for the landscape and building art. It seems very cartoon like.