Main Menu

WANT!

Started by bayonetbrant, October 08, 2013, 06:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on June 26, 2015, 11:44:03 AM
Quote from: mirth on June 26, 2015, 11:36:42 AM
Useful for when you need to find a goat at night.

Arab apps for those cold Arabian Nights.

Ha!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on June 26, 2015, 11:42:42 AM
I just noticed from your footer, Jason , that you wrote a book. You might want to make a kindle version available.

At the time I wrote the book, I had to include special formatting to help signal when "subauthors" were writing. Kindle would have obliterated the formatting leaving no signals to help the reader. Not really Kindle's problem (it's a design issue in the narrative), but not one it could solve either. A pdf works of course, and I do have those available for sale at the distributor.

I've been meaning to work on getting the first book reformatted and converted to a print-on-demand version so I can finish and release the next books -- I've been waiting mainly to save up enough money to get them produced nicely like the first book, but it wasn't like that ever had many sales, so... ;)

When I do I'll look into advances in Kindle formatting options.

Meanwhile: here's the first book on pdf!  >:D If you like it you can go to the Amazon page, go to the independent sellers, look for my entry or entries there, and pay what you want; I'll get half and Amazon gets half plus the sales rating will tick up a bit temporarily.  ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

^More Confederate Flag imagery :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

LongBlade

bayonetbrant

I would totally get one, but it would look pretty silly on my 5'8" 245lb frame

Centurion40

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 14, 2015, 12:04:46 PM
I would totally get one, but it would look pretty silly on my 5'8" 245lb frame

It would more "ungentlemanly" on me, as I'm shorter and heavier!!  :-[
Any time is a good time for pie.

airboy

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!