Main Menu

2017 Baseball Thread

Started by Bison, February 07, 2017, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

1:40 EDT.  And I worked all day, so, no nap for me.  But, there is a shower, an early supper, and a date with my pillow in the near future.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on October 30, 2017, 06:23:06 PM
1:40 EDT.  And I worked all day, so, no nap for me.  But, there is a shower, an early supper, and a date with my pillow in the near future.

I actually never made it to a nap either, so I'm seeing bed in my future within about 90 minutes
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

Crazy. I was at a concert and my phone kept alerting me to score changes. I muttered "This game is still going?!" on several occasions between bands.  ;D

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 30, 2017, 09:39:43 PM
Crazy. I was at a concert and my phone kept alerting me to score changes. I muttered "This game is still going?!" on several occasions between bands.  ;D

I was sitting on my couch and muttering "This game is still going?!" on several occasions
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I guess we missed the "best game evah" here. When I went to bed it was 4-4 I think. A co-worker of mine got tickets to the game - apparently she went to school with Altuve's wife, and Altuve went to school with her brother, so she got tickets for a lot cheaper than normal. Said she didn't get home until 3am and then came to work Monday. That's dedication.

Me, I'm very amused at the number of bandwagon fans they suddenly have, and how many stores are joining them in selling Astros crap.

bayonetbrant

I've never lived in Houston and I've been a nutso Astros fan since 1980....

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 31, 2017, 06:17:56 AM
I've never lived in Houston and I've been a nutso Astros fan since 1980....

I know. Good on you. I just don't like Houston in general (the city, that is).

I mean, good for them, but I've gotten so much more cynical the older I've gotten, especially about sports. My life doesn't change if they win or lose. I get it's a point of civic pride, but I don't have much pride in Houston. I can't stand this place.

bayonetbrant

mirth

Hitch a trailer to that Camaro and haul ass!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I wish. I'm stuck here for at least a couple more years. :(

Any of youse have open rooms for rent in the near future?

mirth

How many wargames would you be bringing?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on October 31, 2017, 08:24:59 AM
How many wargames would you be bringing?

All of them? No idea. Not sure there's a U-Haul that's affordable enough for that.  :buck2:

mirth

bbmike

^Don't do it! He has no electricity!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Gaming by candlelight, tres romantique