Black Snow and Final Offensive: Mius Front

Started by MengJiao, May 27, 2018, 07:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

I just happened to check on Mius Front.  There's two more DLC.  One for the final thrust across the Mius in August 1943, and one for the last gasps of Operation Spark in March 1943.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 27, 2018, 07:03:28 PM

I just happened to check on Mius Front.  There's two more DLC.  One for the final thrust across the Mius in August 1943, and one for the last gasps of Operation Spark in March 1943.

Things are pretty dusty on the Mius in August and there are a lot of T34s:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 28, 2018, 01:04:09 PM

More dust, more T34s:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 28, 2018, 02:51:12 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on May 28, 2018, 01:04:09 PM

More dust, more T34s:

Shermans!  Dust!  Explosions!

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 28, 2018, 11:32:17 PM

I could not think of a rational method for chosing a DLC for Mius front,so I just took the first that I did not yet have: Black Snow (up north 1943 operation Spark) -- its early morning so the black snow is a bit purple:

Sir Slash

Another Russian tank with a red star on it. Hmmm..... ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Moreb

Black Snow is a dlc where you will fight the terrain nearly as much as the enemy.

Mine fields, felled trees, wire, trenches, AT mines etc.

Never mind the fact that the dlc is a resource hog. But man, what a map. What an operation. What a slugfest.

For the sadist.
When dongles fly? - mirth

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 13, 2019, 09:39:21 PM
Another Russian tank with a red star on it. Hmmm..... ::)

I thought this one had the little Sparky the Spark for Operation Spark (Iskra pr larsp) Flexi the Cat cartoon insignia on it.

MengJiao

Quote from: Moreb on September 13, 2019, 09:58:46 PM
Black Snow is a dlc where you will fight the terrain nearly as much as the enemy.

Mine fields, felled trees, wire, trenches, AT mines etc.

Never mind the fact that the dlc is a resource hog. But man, what a map. What an operation. What a slugfest.

For the sadist.

IT's pretty grim but my irrational approach is just to gradually play through all the DLC in the chronology of their initial availability.  And even in reality Operation Spark weren't no picnic.  Toward the end, Russian commanders more or less told Zhukov to go play on another set of fronts.  They had had enough and broken through to Leningrad -- end of story

MengJiao

Moreb

When dongles fly? - mirth

MengJiao

Quote from: Moreb on September 16, 2019, 08:10:16 PM
So which Op are you playing at the moment?

Back to final offensive (August 1943)