4vengers 4ever (i.e. Endgame)

Started by JasonPratt, May 03, 2018, 12:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

May 3rd release in US 2019, April 30th in UK / other minor nations.  ::)

I figured it was time to start a thread since we've got release date(s), but take the thread title with a grain of salt: while it would sort of make sense from a cheesy marketing perspective (and it's borrowing an actual Avengers story title), the Russos say they aren't releasing the real title because it would spoil the story for "speaking to the heart of the Avengers" or something like that.

Until then, 4vengers 4ever will be my headcanon title.

Meanwhile:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

are the Fantastic 4 going to guest star?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Insert Bison "Of course!" meme here...  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

BanzaiCat

Are there any spoilers in these vids, from Infinity War?

Sir Slash

Yes. Even Thanos is watching them to see what comes next.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 03, 2018, 01:54:44 PM
Are there any spoilers in these vids, from Infinity War?
Yes - don't watch them if you haven't seen Avengers Infinity War yet.

I would argue not to view them at all. It'll take some of the magic out of the next movie having other people's theories on the content. We get fed enough in the run up to a film with trailers and TV spots "wtf are they and wtf did they come from and wtf are they relevant to "a movie"?)

Of course your free to do so - but I think shit like this just feeds into the "I need it now" culture. It used to be that you might talk with your pals about it - but you choose to. Nowadays you can't go anywhere on the internet without spoilers hitting you in the face.

JP - I definitely think this should've been under the Infinity Wars Spoilers thread (it's not IW but it is related to it's content) or at least have A4 spoilers subject so people know. I know the videos say so right away, but just the still on the first one is a spoiler in a way.
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

Hopefully I'll be able to see it next weekend.

Sir Slash

You maybe the last person in the Western World to see it. But that's OK. Then we can start talking about it for real.  :peace:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Ha, well you guys have a spoiler thread (which I appreciate and have managed to avoid thus far).

My only concern are memes. iFunny (a repository for user-made memes, which I have on my phone as an app for the occasional laugh) has a history of slipping spoilers in. I've already seen a meme numerous times with something fading away in a comical fashion but I've no idea what this is referring to nor do I want to know before I see it.

The asshats in there, though, let leak a few years back when The Force Awakens that Han died. I read a comment on a meme that was totally not related to Star Wars that said, "Han dies in the movie." So far I've not seen anything like that, but then again I've been staying away from the comments section too.

Sir Slash

Han does not die in this movie.  ;)

JasonPratt

Yes, I thought it would be redundant to tag those as spoilery since the hosts quickly say so themselves AND SINCE THE BASIC CONCEPT OF MAKING GUESSES AND OTHERWISE TALKING ABOUT AVENGERS 4 CANNOT HELP BEING SPOILERY!  ::)

But yes, there are spoilers in the guesses about Av4 based on what we already know from Av3 and other sources.

On the other hand, the topic is distinct from talking about what happens only in Av3, for which of course we have a spoiler thread already. I did seriously think about putting Av4 discussion/guess videos there, but then I figured I'd hear complaints about those not being discussion of Av3. So...  O:-)

I actually agree with JD that there's a good argument for avoiding even making guesses about Av4 next year. But those videos came with the news, which I hadn't heard up to then, that Av4 will definitely drop next year around the same time (as part of finishing out the 10th year of the MCU), so that's news in itself even if no one goes farther. It also suggests we aren't going to have a true Phase 4, but only two or maybe three films until then.

Sir Slash

I think they should bring back Gamora so she and the Hulk can get together and make some little green babies. Nothing would be cuter than a tiny Hulk in diapers.... eating an Ewok.  :bd:

JasonPratt

In the comics, he does have a son (the Hulkling) from a rather Gamoresque wife and queen, though she was grey as I recall. Corie or something like that. Also, I think his son is gay? Wait, Hulk has two sons from Corie or Corella or whatever her name was. It's confusing; I need to catch up on continuity.

Also, he married a blonde green-skinned queen named... oh gosh, what was her name, it was a famous storyline by Harlan Ellison back decades ago... not Jocasta (that's Ultron's or maybe Dr. Doom's robot daughter, I forget.) Something with a J. A somewhat throwaway enemy threw the Hulk into the microverse, where he found a barbarianeque world whose wizard-techs were able to solve his split personality problem. {checking around} Jarella! I don't think they had any kids, but they would have been little green babies for sure!

JasonPratt

Ashy thread NECRO-RISE!!

Not much new in the final trailer from the prior trailer, though delivered in a different order. Avenger neo-classical space suits are shown -- worth noting that they're in the walking scene which didn't have the suits in prior trailers. First shot of the Unified Hulk (in the space suit), matching toy art marketing. The post-trailer CapMar snippet felt reaaaaalllllyyyy forced. But mostly the trailer focuses on the legacy characters (aside from Banner/Hulk, for what I suppose are obvious reasons -- don't reveal much of the Hulk yet.)

acctingman

3 hour movie?

Don't forget to pee before or bring an empty bottle if you don't want to miss anything