Next Assassin's Creed Revealed

Started by Jarhead0331, April 30, 2020, 09:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen55

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 09, 2020, 07:27:02 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 09, 2020, 07:23:41 PM
Me neither. Shouldn't be too long until the other versions come down in price, though.

I don't know, typically their other popular titles take quite some time to discount...eventually they do, but never seems that much where I would rather play sooner than wait for months.  I would be surprised it being much cheaper in the next six months.

This is a big title getting great reviews. If it's discounted in 6 months it will only be for a fleeting sale.

Normally it would be a no-brainer to buy now because I have been salivating for this game, but we have a 2-month-old baby (my 1st - I'm 65.  :o) plus we're in the middle of a cross-country move, so there's no way on god's green earth I will be playing inside the next month. So I will at least wait to see a few more reviews and, even better, some smart gamers saying what it is like after having played it for a while--hopefully on this forum.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gusington

Are you some kind of masochist?

2-3 months from now, at most, I can guarantee Green Man and Fanatical will have some discounts on Valhalla.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

glen55

Quote from: Gusington on November 10, 2020, 08:10:13 PM
Are you some kind of masochist?

2-3 months from now, at most, I can guarantee Green Man and Fanatical will have some discounts on Valhalla.

I will call you out on that last line. A great amount of face is at stake. Great.

And yes, obviously, I am.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gusington

Good luck on all counts.

For reference, about an hour ago I received an email from either Fanatical or Green Man and they had the new Call of Duty game on sale for about 12% off, and it gets released in a few days.

Valhalla can't be far behind!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on November 10, 2020, 10:00:27 PM
Good luck on all counts.

For reference, about an hour ago I received an email from either Fanatical or Green Man and they had the new Call of Duty game on sale for about 12% off, and it gets released in a few days.

Valhalla can't be far behind!

Although Gus, COD is different...for many years COD has been available for a discount prior to launch, usually 10-15%, that is pretty typical for that series as it has sucked me in every time:)

But with Valhalla, I am pretty sure for the PC It is an exclusive on either UBI (and their subscription service) or Epic so your choices for finding and buying on sale will be limited to those two sources unless at some point they release to other sellers (i.e. steam, fanatacial, greenman, etc.).  I am sure it will be available from some of the questionable resellers so that might be a possible route but on launch even strangely those sites aren't even cheaper.

No doubt it will be on sale some day where ever it is and certainly no issue for waiting it out......some times I wish I didn't have such an impulse buy sickness myself:)

By the way, played a little last night, so far so good but not far enough to really draw conclusions.  But one thing I like that I never seen before is multiple difficulty options.  You get separate difficulty options for exploration, combat, and stealth...therefore, really nice how you can customize your experience.  With the day off today, hoping to put more time into it.

hellfish6

I only realized it wasn't available of Steam yesterday, so I ended up buying it on my PS4 instead (I'm not sure if I'll get a PS5, but if I do, the game is already in my account so I don't have to buy it again).

If you like AssCreed games, you'll like this. You don't start out as an assassin this time, though. The world is beautiful (I've only seen Norway thus far) and detailed. The combat is like any other game.

Of note, this is my first day-one purchase of a AAA game on PlayStation and I've noticed a lot of bugs. Nothing game breaking, but sometimes goofy graphics, poorly synced cut scenes (sounds not synced to the lips, or scenes ending too early or to late, some other minor twitchy stuff) and sometimes the narrative takes you from point A to point D seemingly skipping out on the one or two logical points that should be between those two events.

Not sure if this is normal for console games and as a usual jonny-come-lately to AAA titles all these bits have been patched up once I get the game, but they're kinda annoying and fairly frequent.

All in all, I'm enjoying it. I look forward to getting to England.

Gusington

Thanks Fish and Grim. For the record, I will not get this game through the gray market sites.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

I am really enjoying it so far, been a long time since I have played a game for a long period of time on a given day.  Certainly not ground breaking, but just love the atmosphere.  I read an article that recommended touring around Norway before even starting the first main quest and I have been doing that for hours....not even ready to begin the main story yet.  Like navigating around in my longship and almost got capsized by a whale.  Combat seems pretty typical, so far I only have an axe and a bow but I have fun picking people off.  Really like the variable location of things....some things in plain sight, others on mountaintops, while others hidden in various areas.  Nice variety.

Eventually I'll start the main story, but think I have a few hours of exploring Norway before I do...

Gusington

^That was on PC Gamer, and I will be doing the same thing. I've also read that there is a nice dose of mythology and druids, which is a plus for me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2020, 01:36:34 PM
Combat seems pretty typical, so far I only have an axe and a bow but I have fun picking people off. 

Apparently the weapons you start with are essentially the only weapons you have during the game. They get upgraded, but there isn't the loot in weapons and gear that the prior titles have.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 11, 2020, 06:01:40 PM
Combat seems pretty typical, so far I only have an axe and a bow but I have fun picking people off. 

Apparently the weapons you start with are essentially the only weapons you have during the game. They get upgraded, but there isn't the loot in weapons and gear that the prior titles have.

i wasnt expecting a lot, but are you saying that even swords won't be available?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2020, 06:07:34 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 11, 2020, 06:01:40 PM

i wasnt expecting a lot, but are you saying that even swords won't be available?

No. I think you acquire a few different weapons early on and stay with them for the duration. Let us know.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

hellfish6

You can buy weapons in the shops - there are different types of bows and axes, at least. I have one-handed axes and two handed as well, and there a throwing axes I have yet to encounter. I can't confirm swords, as I'm more than happy with what I've got so I haven't gone looking for anything else.

al_infierno

Pfft, who needs a pansy little sword when you've got a head-splitting axe - the most Heavy Metal melee weapon of all time.   \m/
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

According to reviews players can also wield double shields, if they want to.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd