Main Menu

Ronda Rousey

Started by airboy, August 03, 2015, 03:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

And...done.

Unfortunately, it started sounding in the lead-up to this that the champ's success was going to her head. She looked horrible in this fight and got pounded on until she went down for the count. It's either a wake up call, or it's an end. Her choice.

Steelgrave

Just saw the whole fight. Rousey didn't look like she should be in the same ring even. Hope she can bounce back from this. At the same time, it's good to see some competition.

steve58

Doesn't look like she's going to be bouncing back anytime soon... :buck2:  I say, take the 3 mil and announce retirement.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/12/31/ronda-rousey-is-stopped-48-seconds-into-comeback-at-ufc-207.html
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

Nunes is the Real Deal for sure. I wondered if Rousey was just coming back for a big pay-day after she signed to fight for the title instead of working her way back-up the contender's ladder to number #1. I think she's still got real talent but her head's not in the right place and her desire seems to have faded. She's also become way too predictable in the ring.  :-X
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Arctic Blast

Like in every other division once it has time to mature, the talent level has jumped up. Aggression and judo and an armbar isn't going to get it done anymore, particularly if you don't learn how to defend against strikes. The rumor is that she did absolutely no sparring throughout her training camp, and it certainly looked like that might be true.