Main Menu

Planet Zoo?

Started by Grim.Reaper, October 06, 2019, 07:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Just curious if anyone is playing the beta of Planet Zoo....I know probably not the typical game we would all play here:)  Saw a lot of praise about how life like the animals were so I decided what the heck and jumped in.  Haven't had a ton of time yet, but pretty impressed so far.  Animals are really detailed and exhibit the habits you would typically see at a zoo.  The building elements seem strong, probably even outside my capabilities to even use them all:)  Seems like it will have the typical sim type things like managing park employees, shops, exhibits, etc....and dealing with the occasional escaped animal.  Beta ends in the next couple of days and then fully releases in early November.  Really no cheaper pre order price to order now, except getting access to the beta.

In this shot, I am at the grizzly bear exhibit with a specific bear selected to follow.  You can even go into first person camera and see up close what they are doing.  Followed this one around a bit, saw him swimming and then he went into his cave for a nap:)

Just an overview shot of the park.

Nice lion shots

jamus34

I am oddly intrigued by this game.

Not sure if it's a day 1 buy but if they shave 20% off of it for winter sales I may take the plunge, depending on reviews.
Insert witty comment here.

Grim.Reaper

not my usual thing either.....decent enough to keep my attention so far

-budd-

i find these types of games somehow very relaxing. I've looked at it but to be honest i have Planet Coaster and have barely played it much, 2 hours. I'd like to spend more time with that game before getting this one........lets see if i hold to my logic when a sale comes ;).

I did reinstall and have been playing a bit of Banished lately, these types are just relaxing, unfortunately my people are starving at the moment L:-)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

jamus34

I would not call Banished "calming".

You are pretty much one miscalculation away from wiping out you economy and by extension your colony.
Insert witty comment here.

-budd-

Quote from: jamus34 on October 06, 2019, 02:37:53 PM
I would not call Banished "calming".

You are pretty much one miscalculation away from wiping out you economy and by extension your colony.

If they would just work harder and stay on task everything would be fine :knuppel2:

I've already restarted twice, reshuffling my priorities each time. Don't think i've ever cracked 200 pop.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JudgeDredd

This has released now - anyone biting? If so, let us know how it plays  O0
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Bought in the past during beta....I liked it for what it is.  Can be very detailed and you need to enjoy a zoo world where your watching animal habits quite a bit.

Father Ted

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 05, 2019, 09:16:59 AM
This has released now - anyone biting?

Only if you design your enclosures badly...