Total war pharaoh - coming October

Started by Grim.Reaper, May 23, 2023, 04:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

CA's modability varies from title to title. For older titles like Medieval 2, Shogun 2, and Attila, there is en embarrassment of modding riches. Enough historical gaming to last several lifetimes. Modding is arguably the lifeblood of CA and is a major force keeping the community alive.

I don't wish ill on CA at all. The past year or even longer has been piss poor for them from a PR perspective, a community perspective, and a financial perspective. I want to see them learn from this and not be permanently damaged like so many other companies that grew into ungovernable monsters and lost touch with their customers and their roots.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tamas

I unfortunately purchased Pharaoh not long after it came out and it left me very cold (didn't seem like a bad game, just nothing I haven't played a gazillion times in the other TW games). I might try this new patch at some point but for now sure cannot really recommend it to anyone but the biggest fans of the era depicted, unless you are new to the TW format. It seemed a thoroughly "meh" game.

But also, I have extremely little patience for the TW fan community or at least its vocal quarters. I remember when the hate on Rome 2 was just intense just so it now be held up as one of the great releases CA should strive to replicate. And more generally every time I visited the TWCenter forums  (haven't been for a while to be fair) there'd be people hating on whatever was the latest game in the series, yet seemingly playing nothing else. So "influencers" like Terminator, handle them with a pinch of salt.

MengJiao

Quote from: Tamas on January 28, 2024, 01:03:59 PMI unfortunately purchased Pharaoh not long after it came out and it left me very cold (didn't seem like a bad game, just nothing I haven't played a gazillion times in the other TW games). I might try this new patch at some point but for now sure cannot really recommend it to anyone but the biggest fans of the era depicted, unless you are new to the TW format. It seemed a thoroughly "meh" game.

But also, I have extremely little patience for the TW fan community or at least its vocal quarters. I remember when the hate on Rome 2 was just intense just so it now be held up as one of the great releases CA should strive to replicate. And more generally every time I visited the TWCenter forums  (haven't been for a while to be fair) there'd be people hating on whatever was the latest game in the series, yet seemingly playing nothing else. So "influencers" like Terminator, handle them with a pinch of salt.

I agree, the hate for Rome 2 was very odd and definitely wrecked the credibility of its haters.

On the other hand the problems with Pharoah are so twisted as to suggest some kind of internal struggle or just plain giving up in the middle of assembling it.

Gusington

^Like I said above - this era for CA is by far the worst for the company for its entire existence.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on February 01, 2024, 06:19:00 AM^Like I said above - this era for CA is by far the worst for the company for its entire existence.

I feel like you can say that about a lot of developers. Bungie, Bethesda are not what they once were. Blizzard is now a warmed over corpse of customer exploitation. Paradox has its issues and CDPR is letting the bean counters control / make too many decisions.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd