Main Menu

Old FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, February 02, 2024, 01:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

I've been on a naval warfare kick recently, so this song seemed appropriate.  Al Stewart's "Old Admirals" (which is based on Admiral Jackie Fisher).

As far as gaming?  BoC work, CMO work, FC:SS work.  Maybe another year of my Rule the Waves 3 AAR.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Pete Dero

^ Video is unavailable (for me ?).

Combat Mission WW II and Steel Beasts for gaming.

Gusington

Wrapping up some God of War and moving on to Age of Empires IV for the Russian campaign and perhaps some Medieval 2 for the Tsardoms campaign, finally. Maybe retrying Kingdom Come: Deliverance as well.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Old TImer

Convoy hunting in Silent Hunter 4 and trying to figure out
Derail Valley, the most amazing train simulator ever.  I'm
obsessed with it.

ArizonaTank

My strange obsession at the moment (for a wargamer), is the controversial Palworld. Think armed pokeman with a bit of survival thrown in and you have the game.

The game is controversial because the Pokeman IP holder is threatening to sue. 

The game also sold a bazillion copies after release, so there is a bit of me following the herd here. 

Still, I am having fun and can't help it...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Tripoli

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 02, 2024, 02:12:43 PM^ Video is unavailable (for me ?).

Combat Mission WW II and Steel Beasts for gaming.

Try this one.  The lyrics are great:
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Fetrik

Dammit Carl!

Like last week, its' Wot/WoWs and Insurgency:Sandstorm (game is really growing on me) and dl'ing the Call of Cthulhu rpg bundle to my Kindle for reading - when I'm not hoovering up all the scuttlebutt and "what ifs," that came from Hamilton going with Ferrari in '25, that is!  Whooo!

solops

Dominions 6

Possibly some Shadow Empire or Battletech
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

SirAndrewD

More Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader by night. 

By day even more Flying Circus Vol. III.   I'm now over a week into my Jasta 11 campaign.  I've managed to return from two missions uninjured.  The rest of my squadron isn't so lucky.  I'm typically the only one that makes it home alive.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

Lot's on my gaming to do list:

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 GOG edition
The Great War: Western Front continues to fascinate me
Table Top Simulator using the "Legends of Galactic Heroes: Fleet Command"

Skies Above The Great War although, much to my delight, the game was patched this week it still remains unplayable with respect to the campaign mode.  This one is breaking my heart.  Will have to "box" this one like Number 3 and hope that within a year it will be a great game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Another patch for Skies Above the Great War just dropped.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^I saw that.  I'll give her one more try and see what happens.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tanaka

Dominions 6. Got several MP games going. That is where this game really shines.