Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

ive already had to kick 2 of your weird ass cultist leagues out of me empire!

Yskonyn

Nah I am just hanging out, wasting time really. :( My forces are scrounging up what they can, but I have no means to break or end the siege. If Ermors keeps this up we will either have breached walls after a given time or starving forces.
:)

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

I could probably muster up another sizable force, maybe two, before game end, but I really don't know what I'd do with them under the circumstances.

Intellectually I know a Wrath-based strategy is never going to work, but I can't seem to resist trying to experiment with some way to make it work whenever I have an opportunity. That and forgetting a couple of giant properties early (leading to an early attack, trying to keep them from getting too strong early, thus crippling my development scheme instead), leads to the conclusion where we are. No one to blame but myself.

Should we just hand over to AI, or what? Making Huw and U'geek slog through our territories seems pointless; Mictlan has waited too late to launch any spoiling flank distractions for us to pincer Niefel. (No blame to Mictlan, they were keeping neutral.)

The admin, notably, can declare the game over manually, once a public capitulation by all parties has been reached. Mictlan may want to forge on of course, but should Ysk set us to AI; or remove us from the game--and what does that result in, exactly? If it isn't the same as setting us to AI, what's the difference? (Could be a good opportunity to experiment with that, btw.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Ubercat

If someone is going AI, it's much easier for them to do it themselves rather than making another person go to the trouble. I'm not aware that there's a way to do it without someone opening one of your turns and doing it manually; a more drawn out process than doing it yourself.

As for the comment about Jaguar Warriors being useless, I'm biting my tongue over here. Thanks for the coffee spew!  ;D
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

JasonPratt

Uber, no you're right, I keep forgetting that the "set player to AI" command in the server admin panel doesn't actually do that, but leads to instructions. It's certainly easiest for players to AI themselves.

Mainly what I want to know is whether that's most appropriate under the circumstances; or whether having the admin "boot" us from the game would be fairer to Ermor and Niefel and Mictlan -- and what exactly does that do? If we don't know, Ysk could experiment with one of us.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Huw the Poo

I have a suspicion that Mictlan has plans.  I think the game is far from over.

Especially since this goddamn siege is taking so long!  Bloody flying units, 900-HP walls and wall-hardening spells!  It's time to roll out the nukes!

undercovergeek

undercovergeek

just going out - ill make this brief:-

Caelum - that was the eater of the dead - Acro youre next

Mictlan - Chortle - do you have any more? 99 for 16??? yeah, got to fear those jaguar warriors

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 01, 2013, 02:57:02 PM
how come im the bad guy?!?!?

Aside from being deathy bloody chaos giants bringing about Illwinter and Ragnarok, I don't understand the question. (I'm not blaming you for winning our war, if that's what you mean.)

Amazingly, I still found something to do this turn. (I mean other than run away and/or fritter around as the giants close in.) Possibly also something to do in a couple of turns from now. We'll see. I don't know how much good it could possibly do, but it's better than trying nothing.

Yay Dom3! :)

undercovergeek

just give in to my frosty charms - theres a place for you at my right hand

JasonPratt

If you're turning to deal with Mictlan, wouldn't that be your left hand?

Making Ermor your rear end?

:P ;D

Mictlan, we may not be allies, but I am not yet quite through with petulantly valiantly harassing Niefelheim! Make the most of your opportunities! (such as they are...)

Ubercat

Jaguar Warriors have been instrumental so far in gaining me, what, more than 1/4 of the map? I couldn't have come this far without them and they did it while barely losing a man. Granted that was exclusively against indies, and they got butchered by the first player army they faced. Of course, I made that attack expecting to face only PD. I did not anticipate facing your troll horde and paid the price. Your huge PD force fled pretty early, I noticed.

Anyway, the next stage of my cunning plan is starting to unfold. I shall have the largest radish in the world! Muuuhahaha! and all that.  :)
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Huw the Poo

Send in the Eater of the Dead, Geek!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Ubercat on May 01, 2013, 07:35:51 PM
Jaguar Warriors have been instrumental so far in gaining me, what, more than 1/4 of the map? I couldn't have come this far without them and they did it while barely losing a man. Granted that was exclusively against indies, and they got butchered by the first player army they faced. Of course, I made that attack expecting to face only PD. I did not anticipate facing your troll horde and paid the price. Your huge PD force fled pretty early, I noticed.

Anyway, the next stage of my cunning plan is starting to unfold. I shall have the largest radish in the world! Muuuhahaha! and all that.  :)

im only teasing you big softie

i see where youre going by the way

Huw the Poo

Ysk - I thought you said no cheesy tactics?  That was so blatant even I spotted it!