Main Menu

Slow website

Started by JudgeDredd, February 20, 2018, 08:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Hi

Just thought I'd let you know that when I'm typing a post, it seems to pause (or freeze) occasionally whilst typing and then catches up...putting the characters in that I've typed but didn't show.

I've only noticed this recently. It's happening on my work PC and home PC and very intermittent.
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Is it in the movie or music voting threads? That's the only place I'm seeing it and I know it's from all the youtube links.

Grim.Reaper

I have seen this too...actually happening right now with this post.  I never go in those other posts you mention.

bayonetbrant

I'll take a look at it later this morning after I've got kids to school and job calls handled.  I've noticed some slowness when on my phone, but it was affecting other sites, too and not just GH, so I thought it was the phone.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Grim.Reaper

Not sure if it helps in your investigation, but I am using Chrome from my desktop computer on Windows 10.

mirth

No problems from my home or work machines this morning.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

For anyone who is having trouble with sight speed, please humor me and go hit a couple of articles on the front page (yeah, yeah...) and leave a comment or two, even if they are not immediately approved to appear. That will help me narrow down whether it is the entire site, or forum specific
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

Site is faster for me than normal, on my phone.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on February 20, 2018, 08:59:58 AM
Site is faster for me than normal, on my phone.

so you stole all the speed

Steelgrave

Gus needs to pedal faster is all.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on February 20, 2018, 08:16:16 AM
Is it in the movie or music voting threads? That's the only place I'm seeing it and I know it's from all the youtube links.
No. It happened as I was writing the original post here (and is now) and also in the Computer Gaming forum...basically wherever I go

(Like Gus...oops - meant Grim - sorry Gus), I'm using Chrome on Windows 7 (at work and home)

I just went on the main page (who knew Unicorns were real?) and typing there was fine.
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 20, 2018, 09:50:59 AM
I just went on the main page (who knew Unicorns were real?) and typing there was fine.

I'm running the DB backups now before I start on the maintenance processes

We'll see if that helps.

Even if it doesn't, it's been a while and I need to do them

Gusington

Still no issues for me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Just had some slowness as JD describes in the pc gaming thread, but I would blame my phone quicker than the site.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd