I am Jesus (simulation)

Started by Emir Agic, December 08, 2019, 03:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emir Agic

Very unusual simulation on horizon...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1198970/I_Am_Jesus_ "

I am Jesus Christ" is a realistic simulator game inspired by stories from the New Testament of the Bible. Get into old times and follow the same path of Jesus Christ 2,000 years ago.

al_infierno

I can't tell if this is meant to be tongue-in-cheek but it's fuggin hilarious either way!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Huw the Poo

Hahaha!

In the key features: "realistic fight with Satan".  Yeah I hope they get that right instead of just making stuff up....

SirAndrewD

Same company (even though they're releasing under a different dev name) is doing this one.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/950620/Priest_Simulator/

Jim Sterling did a video on both games.  I agree, this one looks a lot better.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Staggerwing

Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 08, 2019, 04:42:29 PM
Hahaha!

In the key features: "realistic fight with Satan".  Yeah I hope they get that right instead of just making stuff up....

Hopefully you can score a BFG before you get to the Satan boss fight.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 08, 2019, 05:25:08 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 08, 2019, 04:42:29 PM
Hahaha!

Hopefully you can score a BFG before you get to the Satan boss fight.

BFG = big f'n grail?

Con

HHA the holy handgrenade of Antioch

al_infierno

HFHG!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Water to wine sim? Water walking buffs? Carpentry puzzles?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

I'm having trouble understanding what the purpose of the game is.  Full Disclosure: I'm coming at this from my perspective as a (reasonably) devout Christian.  If the developer is likewise a believing Christian, than I think he surely would see that this game, no matter how well intentioned, risks making Jesus look at the very least cartoonish and trite.  THis would severely restrict a lot of Christians from purchasing it.  If he is trying to mock Christianity, I'm not sure what his target audience is.  I have trouble seeing non-Christians buying  such a game.   
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

Not to ruin the mood but can you imagine the reaction to a, 'I Am Muhammad' sim?  :hide:  Seems a little insensitive to me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tripoli

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 08, 2019, 11:27:54 PM
Not to ruin the mood but can you imagine the reaction to a, 'I Am Muhammad' sim?  :hide:  Seems a little insensitive to me.

Just read the accounts of the Charlie Hebdo attack. That should give a relatively good indication of the reaction
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Bardolph

MikeGER

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 08, 2019, 11:27:54 PM

+1

i guess the Muhammad Sim would sell much better so, these dark days ::)
swordplay, raids on camel trains, warlord activities, romance with female boss a Milf widow to gain money and social security, drug abuse in a cave hippy-style, clan factions diplomacy, wars and betrayals, summed up 10 wifes  ...and very provocative pedo-activities in the late game, if developer dare to hint at that historic fact   

almost like game of thrones without dragons and magic, vampires or werwolfs

Anguille