Main Menu

Slow website

Started by JudgeDredd, February 20, 2018, 08:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Just to be clear, it's OK for the PEOPLE on this website to be 'slow', just not the website itself, right? That's what we're against, correct?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 25, 2018, 02:33:22 PM
Just to be clear, it's OK for the PEOPLE on this website to be 'slow', just not the website itself, right? That's what we're against, correct?

We prefer to think of you as 'special'.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Why Thank You. Is that why I get to wear this nice padded coat you gave me?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

This is still a nightmare. I simply can't use Chrome to write. It's not even limited to the forums...sending a PM is also proving painful.
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

It takes a few minutes for it to happen to me, and if I close the tab in Chrome and then open it again it is ok for another few minutes. Is it some kind of memory leak?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on February 27, 2018, 04:52:53 PM
It takes a few minutes for it to happen to me, and if I close the tab in Chrome and then open it again it is ok for another few minutes. Is it some kind of memory leak?

Possibly. Try Gingko Biloba.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

What about some Bilbo Baggins?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Everything seems to be working fine again after the latest Chrome update. No more Edge!  :smitten:

BanzaiCat

I'm having something of the same issue, JD. For a few weeks now.

Sometimes the typing gets intermittent in that it takes a few seconds before what I'm typing/clicking actually appears, but more often it just sits there and does absolutely nothing.

I've found if I click in another tab and then click back, whatever I've typed appears. Since I'm aware of this, I'll start typing a sentence or two and nothing appears, but then I click out and back in again and poof, it's all there as if everything's normal.

That doesn't always work though. I'll start typing and after a few seconds the page will jump halfway down. I have to scroll back up and click in the message box, which does not always work and sometimes takes multiple tries.

It's driving me nuts. I had to switch over to Firefox where I don't see any problems typing for the moment.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

RyanE

The stuttering is happening to me on every reply box.

Staggerwing

What browser are you guys using? My Macs have been fine but on my windowbox I've been using Chrome and get the freezing and stutters too, though not all the time. I'm starting to suspect some periodic data harvesting tomfoolery from Google or Microsoft.

Or both.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Chrome.

It's only been an issue in the last two, three weeks or so for me.

Using Firefox now for GH and no problems. I'll never use IE though. I'd rather go back to my 1200 baud modem and dial up BBS sites from that huge book that listed all the numbers back in the day.