Passing of Jim Cobb??!!??

Started by Cyrano, February 13, 2018, 11:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Brant, I've been out of town for a couple of days and only now got to read this. Very well done, my friend.

GroggyGrognard

Poignant article, Brant.

Sad news of Cobb's passing. Like most people in the public eye that we admire and respect, he was immortal in our mind.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

FarAway Sooner

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Anguille

Cyrano

Obit:

http://www.cremationsociety-wi.com/obituary/James-Dennis-Cobb/Madison-WI/1781618

Makes me feel a bit worse that we were so close geographically and I never met him.

And I doubt he would have liked "Pickelhaube" being translated as "spike".

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Steelgrave

Thank you for posting that, Cyrano.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Uberhaus

He was a great contributor to our hobby.  The passing of him and his wife is sad indeed.  Thank you Brant for the great obituary for GH.

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Greybriar

I created Find a Grave memorials for Jim and Angela. Please let me know if I made any errors or if there is information you feel should be added.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Cyrano on February 19, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
Obit:

http://www.cremationsociety-wi.com/obituary/James-Dennis-Cobb/Madison-WI/1781618

Based on SIL's info, I found Cobb's obit in the Odessa, MO paper, but they don't make them available online - you have to order a paper copy.