The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2018 Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, April 02, 2018, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on May 21, 2018, 01:22:57 PM
Never lived in OKC - Steelie and some of his family do/did.

Ah, ok! -- in my defense, you're both kind of steely, so.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: OJsDad on May 22, 2018, 09:30:40 AM
If we going to get bad weather news all of the time, then we need a hawter looking weather woman.  Mirth just doesn't cut it.

This is going to end up with me clicking on a generally worded thread title in the recent list, and forgetting that it takes me to Area 51 again, isn't it?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

It is 90%+ humidity in Alabama today.  We also had several bridges wash out in the County.  We are getting backed up on bridge replacement.

Sir Slash

Alberto- a 'sub' tropical storm is alive and well and heading north across the Gulf and pissing on my Memorial Day party plans. Only thing to do is make it a wet weekend inside and out.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

are they sure it wasnt a lobbyist pr congressman?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Pete Dero

This is our new normal : long dry and hot periods and then these thunderstorms with cloudbursts on a daily basis.

Staggerwing

^Don't show those to Scott Puitt. He'll just claim you made them up in MS Paint.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Quote from: Pete Dero on May 27, 2018, 12:42:54 PM
This is our new normal : long dry and hot periods and then these thunderstorms with cloudbursts on a daily basis.

That was West TN summer when I was growing up.

By that standard, things are returning to normal around here, finally! Although May seems a little early for the constant popcorn gully-washers.

Back in high school (umpty years ago) I started calling it it the 85/85 effect: if the temperature (in F) and relative humidity each get to 85 or higher, we're guaranteed to have strong thunderstorms boiling up with local supercell activity possible (and your video of the German tornado recently tells you what those produce).

This happens out in the ocean, too. When I got to college I learned meteorologists already used the same concept, practically the same nickname, to describe conditions for forming tropical storms and then hurricanes: 85/85 is the operational threshold.

Windigo

just read the news about flash floods in MD.... oi
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

trailrunner

Quote from: Windigo on May 28, 2018, 12:44:30 AM
just read the news about flash floods in MD.... oi

That was Ellicott City.  Unfortunately, the same thing happened there just two years ago.