Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo B

finaly we came to this birch design

also Alee-Effect is in place

JasonPratt

I come here, I throw money at the screen, new things show up afterward.

Repeat.

This process has been working well for that Fleet Admiral game, too...  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jo B

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 24, 2019, 12:16:48 PM
I come here, I throw money at the screen, new things show up afterward.

Repeat.

This process has been working well for that Fleet Admiral game, too...  :coolsmiley:

glad you like it

ZIS-5

Jo B

New wooden russian orthodox Church. perhaps a bit too breezy in the top level

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The Church of the Immaculate Observation Post.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jo B

Quote from: Gusington on October 28, 2019, 10:55:49 AM
I like it.

thanks

Birchs are kind of game changer. Their one level hight gives a lot of new line of sights.

W8taminute

I like the way that church looks.  It looks like a Russian Orthodox church. 

A similar model of your church building can be found in one of the maps in the free to play shooter Heroes and Generals.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

IronX

Quote from: Jo B on October 29, 2019, 06:54:33 AM
Quote from: Gusington on October 28, 2019, 10:55:49 AM
I like it.

thanks

Birchs are kind of game changer. Their one level hight gives a lot of new line of sights.

Any way of consolidating some of those symbols? That one hex with no less than four symbols looks busy and seems unnecessary. My only criticism of the game's aesthetics from what you've shown us so far is that the interface, in general, appears to present too much detailed information. But not having played the game, I can't judge whether this is a distraction or actually useful.

LoganismyHERO

Chiming in too, about the interface. Game looks really great, but WAY too busy. Just my .02c

JasonPratt

Each of those symbols represent a unit in the hex, so I'd rather have them than not!

I suspect there is, or will be, a rollover popup or something like that, providing the same information in list form, while the main thing can be turned off.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

IronX

Okay, I see the multiple units now. That makes sense. A roll-over pop up would be ideal, I think. It's difficult to judge from static images - I should look at some of the gameplay videos again. It may not seem busy while playing.

Jo B

the stacking limit is 3 infantry, 2 leaders and one gun or vehicle.
infanty and leaders can have up to three weapons.
vehicle can have up to three passengers.

the units are represented as 3d objects, as I call it Flags on hexes and as (I call it )counters top left and bottom right.

the flags get smaler and bigger related to the distance of camera to ground.

at start of a scenario you want move the infantry with leaders for more movement. (as in the picture above).
later stacking is usually lower , cause by losses, routs or tactics.

from playing I can say it does not show to mouch information.
The real dificulty is the line of sight and the very (very!) long lines of fire . A HMG 24 Hex for example.
the maximum line of sight is 50 hex. And when thy find you moving without cover they will kill your infantry. :-)

W8taminute

I also prefer to see multiple flags over a hex to see how many units are in the hex. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk