As we gaze out on, St. Dominic's FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, November 01, 2019, 05:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

In honor of All Saints Day, our musical saint, Van Morrison, sings us into the weekend.  I will be working tomorrow, but, there will be copious games watched and played.  The Field of Glory:Empires mp is in full effect.  I have a Civ IV:BtS game as Persia that is going well.  And Sunday will be Premier League and NFL.  So, happy weekend my groggy ones!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Well do your turn, we're all waiting on you!!!  :pullhair:

;)

Dammit Carl!

Weekend = working around house (or working around someone else's house).  But, when time allows, I'll fire up the ol' Il2 - BoX and run the tanks around or spend some time snoopin' and poopin' in the jungle via RS2 Vietnam (or Arma perhaps - still gotta whip the East Germans in that DLC).

Have fun all!

Gusington

If the Jets don't beat Miami Sunday I am going to start rooting for a more skilled team...like the Browns.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MOS:96B2P

I will watch the Chicago Bears loose another game, play Combat Mission Fortress Italy and a new game that is a lot of fun: WarPlan.   

Tripoli

I'll be doing more BoC work.  Maybe a little CMNAO.  Trying to learn Aegod's Civil War II, and getting beat as the Union in 1861.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

Love Civil War 2, my favorite ACW game. Very deep with lots of ways to go to win. As the North, I won by basically just building-up a massive force and slowly strangling Richmond. It was slow but a sure fire way to get the South to stand and fight.

I'm not sure what I'll be playing but probably something Combat Mission related or Rome 2 if it's quiet around here. Have a great weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Auburn has an exhibition basketball game tonight.

I'm playing Pacific Tide (tabletop) and replicating the moves on Vassal for a potential AAR.

Anguille

I will continue my let's play on youtube with Horizon. I am also planning on starting a new one with Oriental Empires as Liu Bei. So far, i am doing these in french.

I think i'll start a new game of Field of Glory: Empires.

solops

I want to hear your take on Horizon. I am playing Multiplayer-Dominions5, Warhammer2 and ISG, if I can log into Humble Bundle for the update. Anyone else having problems with their website?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Tripoli

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 01, 2019, 10:57:27 AM
Love Civil War 2, my favorite ACW game. Very deep with lots of ways to go to win. As the North, I won by basically just building-up a massive force and slowly strangling Richmond. It was slow but a sure fire way to get the South to stand and fight.

I finally took the plunge on CW2 this past September.  I've been looking for  a decent strategic-level ACW game, aside from Grigsby's WBtS.  CW2 looks like it may scratch that itch.  I may do an AAR if I can ever get my head around the game.  In the current test game, the CSA has raiders running all over Missouri, Illinois and Iowa.  I got within one region of Richmond, but lost most of the Union army doing so, and will have to withdraw.  Whether I will be cut off and destroyed before it gets back to Washington DC is an open question.  I've got Harper's Ferry besieged, but the CSA there has easily withstood my pathetic assaults.   All in all, an interesting game.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 01, 2019, 10:57:27 AM

I'm not sure what I'll be playing but probably something Combat Mission related or Rome 2 if it's quiet around here. Have a great weekend Grogs.

I must have gotten an early mysteriously corrupted version of ACW2 cuz I hammered every Yankee on a steamboat i could into Norfolk Navy Yard (which is what some armchair generals think Lincoln should have done instead of worry about defending DC) AND as a result i had a confederate admiral working for me.  Which was nice.  Then Stonewall Jackson wandered off into Pensylvannia and died with thousands of butternut-swathed riflemen.  I think I took richmond but it was all pretty anticlimactic after Stonewall died out in the middle of nowhere.

Oh...but this weekend I will be avoiding AGEOD in all its glory and playing World of Warships, Mius Front in Angola and DCS (the gritty I-16) probably.

CJReich46

Working Sunday. JUST GOT HOME.

Plans are probably Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings (runs like a dream on my new PC) I bought The Wild Hunt: Game of the Year collection on the GOG.com sale. So I have a TON of Witcher to do.. (I've played the 1st one and completed it)

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

al_infierno

WarPlan is probably the main thing I'll sink my time into -- time to start a new 1939 campaign after the newest updates.  In the meantime, I'm switching it up with some Japan '46 -- slogging my way through the USMC beach landing and getting absolutely annihilated on every turn.  Yikes.

When I'm feeling a bit more braindead and arcadey, I'll be giving the new Battlefield V PTO content a spin.  The new maps seem pretty good.  Might also get around to finishing Modern Warfare.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

I too am finally slogging through the second Witcher...its very good but not nearly as sophisticated as the third one. It's just not as easy to play. But the story is great so it's worth the slog and for an 8 year old game it looks excellent.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd