What potential upcoming games are your must haves

Started by Con, March 10, 2019, 12:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

你好! 我要買 「全面战争 三国」

Guess what game I mentioned.

MikeGER

i am surly cross the bridge (actually many bridges  ;) ) , when it comes to it.

THX to Grogheads i will hear about them when they are close on the horizon, or just got released just the other day...
i am so tired on waiting, and personally taking track, and checking on dev forums and there are no news about progress or release days since i last checked month ago...

Nowadays i prefer the surprise when a game title is suddenly the top-five topic here when i open the Grogheads forum page :)

mbar

UBOAT

It may or maynot release this year. Fingers crossed.

Anguille

There's one game i am really looking forward to:

Horizon 2 can't wait to have more information on that one.

Others i know of:

Field of Glory: Empires
Imperator Rome (but i don't think i will buy it when released).
Lord of Rigel
Unity of Command 2
Interstellar Space Genesis

Gusington

The above posts jogged my memory for Ultimate Admiral - Dreadnoughts.

It could end up being my favorite game of all time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

For those who have Command Ops on your list, here's an update, they will Not be charging for updating your data on new engine releases which they were originally going to do for any engine upgrades with major features added. Here's a copy and paste of the original post.

I've been having a rethink on all of this. It's obviously very confusing to most people. I've also found out that it's going to take a lot of developer resources to implement this on Steam. So, I'm going to forego charging users to update their data content. We'll do this for free. Each time we put out an update that requires conversion of data content, we'll provide new versions of the data modules for existing users to download. You still won't be able to automatically convert stock scenarios using the editors but you will be able to convert non-stock data - ie the stuff you generate.

The core engine will still be free. You will not need to maintain multiple versions of the core or data- just the latest core engine and the latest version of the data you have purchased.

Now this means we forego revenue and god only knows we need it. But we'll be relying on your support in buying our data modules. We'll monitor how this works.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

General Staff

http://general-staff.com/

The game is by Ezra Sidran, who goes way back into PC wargaming history. He was the guy behind UMS (Universal Military Simulator) in 1988 and UMS II, back in 1991.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

IICptMillerII

Right now my most anticipated release is Field of Glory: Empires. Its a concept that I have craved ever since I first played Rome: Total War, being able to manage your empire on a grand scale while still being able to fight out the decisive battles on a tactical layer. For me, it combines my two primary interests in the Classical era, the way of nations (Athenian democracy, Roman marble pillars and concrete, etc) and classical warfare (the Roman Legions, the phalanx, etc) I cannot overstate how excited I am for this game. The Dev Diaries they have posted are quite fun to read as well. Would highly recommend them to those interested/questioning the game.

Otherwise I have been excited for Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm for a while now. Work is still continuing on it according to their developers over on the Matrix forums, but it is certainly well past its projected release date. IIRC it was first supposed to be out a few years ago. Still excited for it when it eventually releases though, as I am a big fan of FCRS.

I'm also excited for the teased but not officially revealed CMANO 2. Big fan of CMANO and I'm very excited to see what new features will come with a version 2.

Plenty of other minor things to be excited about as well, but right now those are my big 3.

Barthheart

Quote from: Gusington on March 11, 2019, 08:07:17 AM
The above posts jogged my memory for Ultimate Admiral - Dreadnoughts.

It could end up being my favorite game of all time.

Gus, have you seen this site:

https://www.ultimateadmiral.com/

Also:

Gusington

Thanks Bart - I had not seen the site yet, thank you. Age of Sail interests me less than Dreadnoughts but it still interests me. I will get both 😎

Looks like Age of Sail will be released first...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

I forgot about Grand Tactician: The Civil War 1861-1865.  It's looking super promising, but whether it's a "must have" or not depends on its reception at release.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

CJReich46

1. Get new PC built.  :buck2:

Now to the list:

Rule the Waves 2

Field of Glory: Empires

as far as I know. The rest are already out but my current PC is too old.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

acctingman

Steel Divisions 2 (however, I need more time in SD1 before I buy this)
CC: The Bloody First
Burden of Command (although there is no 2019 release date, but it's looking like they're close to their first beta)

airboy

None.  I'm trying to play my huge backlog of games I know are excellent based on reviews and observations here and elsewhere.

Phantom

Echo the earlier post - Carrier Battles PC port.