Race to the South Pole: Terra Incognito - Antarctica 1911

Started by fran, March 31, 2020, 01:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fran

The game is about racing to the South Pole, it looks really good and only a few quid to buy.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/911420/Terra_Incognito__Antarctica_1911/

It is an interesting subject matter from the creators of Afganistan '11 and Vietnam '65.

This subject matter interested me after visiting the polar exploration museum in Norway.

You can see the polar exploration ships the Fram and Gjøa, and allowed to climb all over and inside them.

https://frammuseum.no/

It was the space race of its time, competing personalities and nations for prestige and career advancement.

The book Scott and Amundsen authored by Roland Huntford tells the story.

I've heard of Scott and his exploits, but Huntford describes their story best as 'strips away the myth of Scott of the Antarctic, a man who wanted to be a hero, in contrast to this rival Admundsen, who merely wanted to get to the pole.'

mbar

It looks interesting and affordable. There are no bears in Antarctica though.

The_Admiral

No worries, he knows - there's an option to deactivate them ingame. It's just that making penguins your main wild opponent didn't sound appealing to the man   :))

JasonPratt

I tend to buy games from ESS on principle, and this is no exception!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

fran

Quote from: The_Admiral on March 31, 2020, 02:44:31 PM
No worries, he knows - there's an option to deactivate them ingame. It's just that making penguins your main wild opponent didn't sound appealing to the man   :))

;D  :clap: