Main Menu

Friday!

Started by Anguille, October 30, 2020, 07:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Ultravox!  :bd:

I am about to finish my Swedish campaign on Empire Total War. It is not ending well. But I guess you can say this about the actual Swedish empire as well, so I am merely playing this historically  <:-)
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2020, 12:00:52 PM
I've been saving for a while and prepping The Wife for Black Friday...new GTX 3000-based PC (2000 if they become very scarce), new 35" monitor, and perhaps even a VR set. My maximum budget is 4k so not dead set on getting a VR but we'll see. Have a lengthening list of games unplayable on my current rig (Gears Tactics, Star Wars: Squadrons) and it is 5+ years old so its time.
Oh, that sounds really neat. Is that a wide screen or a regular 35" monitor you are looking at? I bought a 34" 21:9 monitor last year, and while it felt positively huu-uge at the time I am now wondering if there'd be enough space on my desk for another one...

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Jarhead0331

Quote from: nelmsm on October 30, 2020, 11:34:06 AM
Finally sitting down and getting into Hearts of Iron IV.  Been playing as Italy mainly to learn.  That and files for my PBEM games and some more playtesting for JTS.

Which DLCs do you have?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Crossroads looking at a widescreen 34"-35"...upgrading from a 27" which I too thought was bonkers 5 years back. Check here:

https://amzn.to/3m7l4ny

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2020, 10:06:38 AM

These are the waning days for my rig so I don't want to play anything too new...will save newer titles for the new rig next month.

I'm assembling things for an additional rig.  Just an incremental thing.  Maybe I can get my kids to built AT guns or something for me in HLL or shoot me down in DCS or something.  Or at least leave me alone and play their stuff.

Gusington

'Leave me alone'...every adult's dream.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2020, 10:06:38 AM
Would not expect you to play Coteries of New York, Airboy. What do you think of that?

About an hour into it.  Like an immersive graphic novel.  I'm familiar with the system from the two PC games.  It is (of course) text heavy.  But the mood and music seem to be a good fit.  Steam had it for $10 on the Halloween sale.  Vampire: Bloodlines is one of my top 10 RPGs of all time.

Gusington

Hmm, learning a lot about your gaming er...tastes...today.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Crossroads

Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2020, 01:31:23 PM
Crossroads looking at a widescreen 34"-35"...upgrading from a 27" which I too thought was bonkers 5 years back. Check here:

https://amzn.to/3m7l4ny
The downside for a curved widescreen like that is that there's no going back  :nerd:

I've got a Samsung like this one but a previous model. Love it.

Sir Slash

I am trying hard NOT to think about King Maker Enhanced Edition on sale for $15.  :hide: I may have to lock myself out of the house all weekend away from the computer.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

My 27" monitor is curved and I love it. My younger daughter cannot wait to get her grubby mits on it. Three of my old gaming rigs are running currently with my kids, so I guess 5 and 10 years back I made some good purchasing decisions :)

Just picked up the Victor Vran 'uber' edition...think Diablo with guns. I don't know how I didn't have this game earlier. I even checked my library to make sure. Thinking this will scratch my spooky gaming itch along with NecroVision until I get back into historical gaming...either WWI or Renaissance-based games. Most likely on the new rig :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I manage to get by with a 42 in. LG for my TV and computer gaming needs. I'm very old and need a really big screen to see stuff.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2020, 04:00:21 PM
Three of my old gaming rigs are running currently with my kids, so I guess 5 and 10 years back I made some good purchasing decisions

There was a point in my life where that flipped - my two boys would now not be seen dead running PCs with the specs of my current rig.

bobarossa

Probably spend most of my time not watching football playing Emperor of the Fading Suns.  Forgot how much I enjoyed that game.  Using Reality mod now.

nelmsm

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 30, 2020, 01:17:32 PM
Quote from: nelmsm on October 30, 2020, 11:34:06 AM
Finally sitting down and getting into Hearts of Iron IV.  Been playing as Italy mainly to learn.  That and files for my PBEM games and some more playtesting for JTS.

Which DLCs do you have?
c.f.

Well over time I've added all of them. Picked them up as they were on sale figuring I'd get to it someday