The 2015 Baseball Thread

Started by MetalDog, February 02, 2015, 07:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Kauffman Stadium is going to be rocking on Wednesday night.

Bison

Watching the Cubs and Cards game and I can only think of two things.  1. I hate Chicago and hope they are perpetual losers.  It makes a good storyline every year.  2.  MLB needs to have a class on how to properly wear a fucking baseball cap.  You should be kicked out of the game if your cap is canted off to one side with a straight brim. 

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on October 13, 2015, 05:55:36 PMYou should be kicked out of the game if your cap is canted off to one side with a straight brim. 

Tell that to this guy
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Good story, but not seeing the need to wear your hat wrong.

bayonetbrant

it was balancing the light coming in through the bad eye.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Wearing your uniform improperly, except for some sort of protection, should get you thrown out of the game, and...

FUCK YEAH THE CARDINALS LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

I like the Cardinals as an organization over all.  Great upper management and great fans.  They are one of the few teams that I don't mind seeing in the playoffs year in and year out. 

Anyway I think the Cubs might be in trouble going forward if their HR power fades at all.  I saw a stat in the 7 or 8th inning today that of the Cubs 20 runs in the series 15 of them were from HR.  That is just an insane number that I think will be hard for them to keep up through out the playoffs.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Bison on October 13, 2015, 06:27:02 PM

Folks who have good vision in only one eye often turn their faces to the side so that the eye with the best vision is pointed towards you, centering you in their functional visual field. Moving one's hat to cover that eye means that light spilling in from the sides will seem balanced on both sides of their effective peripheral awareness. 
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

The Cardinals have a great organization and appear to do things the right way.  The guy who turned Houston around comes from the St. Louis front office.  And their fans are the best in baseball.  Unfortunately, even though it's still not even close, St. Louis is closest to the Yanks in Championships and therefore, are the enemy.  On top of that, my ex-wife and all her family are Cards fans.

Bison

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 13, 2015, 09:25:25 PM
Quote from: Bison on October 13, 2015, 06:27:02 PM

Folks who have good vision in only one eye often turn their faces to the side so that the eye with the best vision is pointed towards you, centering you in their functional visual field. Moving one's hat to cover that eye means that light spilling in from the sides will seem balanced on both sides of their effective peripheral awareness.

I get it but that doesn't explain all of the other idiots.  And honestly what about a pirate patch?  That would be intimidating as hell.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on October 13, 2015, 10:00:05 PMThe guy who turned Houston around comes from the St. Louis front office. 

He's only been there a year.  They've been drafting high for a decade.  Odds are decent they'd get at least 2-3 decent players out of all those picks.

Bison

Houston has some good young talent. 

MetalDog

Really?  Only a year? I thought it was two.  regardless, not too far in the distant past, Nolan Ryan had a hand in building a winner there.  Not sure if any of this now is groundwork he laid, but, it'd make a nice story.

Arctic Blast

Here's a crazy factoid : The Blue Jays are now the team left in the playoffs with the most recent title win.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 13, 2015, 10:37:33 PM
Here's a crazy factoid : The Blue Jays are now the team left in the playoffs with the most recent title win.

Well, there's 2 of them in there that never won...