Lunar Sales are upon us....

Started by Grim.Reaper, February 04, 2019, 06:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Here we go again, more sales....steam, greenman, fanatical, uplay, etc.......I just can't keep up anymore:)

Shelldrake

Any excuse to tempt us to open our wallets!  >:D
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

SirAndrewD

A good.  Our sacrifices to Gabe have been heard. 

Let the loss in money begin. 

:notworthy:
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Huw the Poo

There are some nice wargames on sale right now.  I'd love some recommendations if anyone can make any?  I'm looking at things like Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue, TOAW IV, Gary Grisgby's War in the East/West etc.

I'm more or a less a noob to really hardcore wargames, but I'm not averse to learning either.  Also, multiplayer would be a welcome option.

Gusington

In my agreement with Satan I mentioned I will buy the rest of the dlc campaigns I don't have for Order of Battle. On the bright side this game is reborn for me! Also looking to pick up Battletech: Flashpoint - the reviews are mixed, the dlc a little pricey and I haven't played the main game yet...but still 😎

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I've got both DC: Case Blue and TOAW4-- never played WitE. The Decisive Campaigns game are more polished with better graphics and have strategic and tactical 'Event Cards' that can be played to influence play. Check out Pratt's AAR's of his DC 1 Polish Campaign for more detail.

TOAW 4 Is less polished but with a lot more flexibility in the battles in terms of size, theater, time period, and scale. It also includes an attempt at Naval Warfare that is workable but not completely without some bizarre elements and results so, not perfect.  Both AI's are pretty good but can't compare to playing against a real person.

I love both games but prefer TOAW4's much larger selection of scenarios for re-playability. But it is an updated version of a much older game.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 05, 2019, 02:47:24 PM
I've got both DC: Case Blue and TOAW4-- never played WitE. The Decisive Campaigns game are more polished with better graphics and have strategic and tactical 'Event Cards' that can be played to influence play. Check out Pratt's AAR's of his DC 1 Polish Campaign for more detail.

I would expect Case Blue to be more polished than Blitzkrieg, too. (Though I haven't played CB yet.)

They are both far easier and more accessible than WitE/W.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

It is but they changed some of the Supply Rules, RR Movement, and the way that Air Units operate that make the game more difficult. So I actually prefer Blitzkreig over Case Blue.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Huw the Poo

Sir Slash, thank you for that.  I think I'm leaning toward TOAW IV.

(More opinions are always welcome though)

Sir Slash

CJReich46

Hmmm and pay day is this week too.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose