Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

Quote from: Gusington on May 18, 2018, 11:21:39 AM
Has Ancient Empires released? Is it expected over this weekend?
Is this an HOI4 mod?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

fabius

Quote from: Gusington on May 21, 2018, 02:27:45 PM
^I was going to leave it to you to recommend DeI since I have only read about it but never used it.

I will add, Rome has a more challenging start in that mod !

Nefaro

Quote from: Boggit on May 21, 2018, 12:32:00 PM
What in your opinion is the best mod for Rome 2 and for Attila?

DEI for Rome 2 is good, but it changes the gameplay.  You'll want to read up on the new mechanics beforehand.

I've not used Radious mods since Napoleon TW, only checking out their change lists on occasion.  I consider them cheats since they make the campaign side of TW easier, but if that's something you want then go for it.

Gusington

Ancient Empires is a mod for Attila TW that moves the timeline back to 200 BC - 200 AD.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on May 21, 2018, 07:44:53 PM
Ancient Empires is a mod for Attila TW that moves the timeline back to 200 BC - 200 AD.

Isn't that still an unfinished work-in-progress?

Jarhead0331

^Its beta. I just watched some let's play vids and instantly reinstalled Attila to get the mod. Looks outstanding.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 23, 2018, 03:43:43 PM
^Its beta. I just watched some let's play vids and instantly reinstalled Attila to get the mod. Looks outstanding.

Speaking of Necrophobiaitis mods -- here's Attila 1212.  This is the defense of Toledo in 1212 by me as Easy Castile on Easy with an Easy Castile Mod.  Still (as seen here) one of my catapults ran out of ammo and it was raining and it took a good 10 minutes to rally the locals and drive off the irate nobles with the help of the Knights of Santiago no less.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on February 24, 2020, 02:03:16 PM

A few archers gauging the range and some men with sparkling spears:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on February 24, 2020, 04:34:32 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on February 24, 2020, 02:03:16 PM

A few archers gauging the range and some men with sparkling spears:

And the Emir's apparently slightly Jewish household cavalry troops collide in the woods near Granada with dismounted Knights of Santiago, who look pretty surprised though they were the ambushing party:

solops

Oooooooo! This looks interesting. I never really cared for Attila's content. I got it in the hopes it cleaned up some of Rome2's problems, which it did somewhat. All I need now is a mod that takes it back to the ancient Mediterranean. Is this it?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Martok

Nice screenshots, MengJiao!  The 1212 AD mod is really something else.  The only reason I haven't played more of it is because of all the other games (including TW games) I already have on my plate.  I very much look forward to seeing further development on it (bring on the Crusades, College of Cardinals, and Mercenaries!). 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MengJiao

Quote from: solops on February 24, 2020, 10:35:07 PM
Oooooooo! This looks interesting. I never really cared for Attila's content. I got it in the hopes it cleaned up some of Rome2's problems, which it did somewhat. All I need now is a mod that takes it back to the ancient Mediterranean. Is this it?

The big mods I know about are 1212 (which starts in 1212 AD) and the Ancient Mod which seems to sort of cover Rome II's chronological space sort of...I guess you could wonder why 1212?  But it is sort of the middle of the Middle Ages so it makes a kind of generic sense.  Oh and the Mongols turn up which is always sort of nice, I guess...if you are in Spain and they are far far away.

MengJiao

Quote from: Martok on February 25, 2020, 01:02:52 AM
Nice screenshots, MengJiao!  The 1212 AD mod is really something else.  The only reason I haven't played more of it is because of all the other games (including TW games) I already have on my plate.  I very much look forward to seeing further development on it (bring on the Crusades, College of Cardinals, and Mercenaries!).

Thanks!  Visually, 1212 is a pretty fine mod.  I like the slightly more chunky less shiny look that things have at least in Spain.  There's also an amazing number of factions and France apparently lost at Bouvines (it's now 1214 so that makes some sense.)  There are some Crusader states still hanging on and the Pope (Honorious III it seems) wants me to take Cairo.  The French are gone so its up to me apparently.  Little does the Pope suspect that the Italian Communes are going to back me if he gets nasty.

Gusington

Only slightly Jewish? Not kosher!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on February 25, 2020, 08:46:59 AM
Only slightly Jewish? Not kosher!

One of their shields has a mogen David on it -- perhaps extra talismantic protection?