The 29837456293847th Annual GrogHeads March Madness Bracket Challenge!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 11, 2018, 03:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

And huge numbers of brackets are broken beyond repair after the first round.  Let chaos reign!

All of my round of 8 teams have survived so far - except for UVA which I had going to the finals.  On that I guess that I and half the country were "a little off."

bayonetbrant

Well, this might be one of the shortest challenges of all time

RANK  BRACKET           R64   R32  S16  E8    F4  NCG   CHAMPION       PPR    TOTAL    PCT
1*    OJsDad            240    0    0    0    0    0    Michigan St    1360    240    92.4
1*    Airboy            240    0    0    0    0    0    Villanova      1300    240    92.4
3     Straight Chalk    230    0    0    0    0    0    UVA             940    230    81.3
4*    stophro           220    0    0    0    0    0    UVA             940    220    61.5
4*    bayonetbrant      220    0    0    0    0    0    UVA             880    220    61.5

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Two of my round of 8 are out, Arizona and Wichita State.  One of my final 4 is also out, Wichita State.  So the top half of my bracket is decimated.

The bottom half of my bracket is in good shape.  I was perfect in the West so far. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Yep, they're doing it in April, and you have to have your order placed between 1130am and 1pm.  Even if you're in line by 1pm, if you don't place your order it's not free.

LC is going to be a ZOO that day.

bayonetbrant

RANK  BRACKET            R64   R32  S16 E8   F4 NCG  CHAMPION     PPR  TOTAL   PCT
1     Airboy             240   140   0   0   0   0   Villanova   1140   380   98.6
2     stophro            220   140   0   0   0   0   UVA          780   360   92.1
3     Straight Chalk     230   120   0   0   0   0   UVA          800   350   85.6
4*    OJsDad             240    60   0   0   0   0   Michigan St 1120   300   32.3
4*    bayonetbrant       220    80   0   0   0   0   UVA          720   300   32.3

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think anyone but Airboy can win at this point, b/c the only points MD can pick up, Airboy would, too

I s'pose it's possible for OJsDad to catch up, but 'Nova would have to lose really soon, and MichSt win it all

airboy

The ESPN system is heavily back weighted. If Michigan State even makes it to the finals and loses the title game Villanova does not make it to the finals, OJs Dad will win.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on March 18, 2018, 04:36:24 PM
Thanks for choking Sparty.   :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Well, if Villanova goes down, we've got an entirely new competition

:)

airboy

airboy

At this moment the final 4 picks still alive for everyone are:

Brant - UNC & Villanova
OJs Dad - Michigan
Stophro - Xavier, Villanova & Dook
Airboy - Michigan & Villanova

What a massacre.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on March 18, 2018, 05:55:32 PM
At this moment the final 4 picks still alive for everyone are:

Brant - UNC & Villanova

That'll last about another 8 minutes...

UNC is in trouble