We Need a 2014-2015 Basketball Thread

Started by airboy, November 18, 2014, 04:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Yes - We need a sticky thread for 2014/2015 College and Professional Basketball!!

As far as I'm concerned, Football season is OVER (Auburn & UNC are not looking good).

But, last weekend was pretty good.  UNC won and Dook lost.  If only AU had beat Georgia.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Quote from: airboy on November 18, 2014, 04:17:54 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Football season is OVER (Auburn & UNC are not looking good).

Blasphemy!!!

The Red Devils are playing for a Div IV Regional championship on Saturday night and the Buckeyes are still in for the Big 10 Championship game and a great bowl match up. 

Looks like Sparty is struggling tonight against Dook.  Hopefully they can turn it around in the second half.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

airboy

Went to the Women's Auburn vs. Grambling game on Tuesday. 

Best haul ever for gifts.  I got a shirt (thrown to the stands - can exchange for anything comparable in the store) and two $10 gift certificates to Academy Sports (wife and I and she did not want it).

Very small crowd (less than 150 excepting the band).  I, my buddy, and my wife are engaged in the game and shout out occasionally.

Best I had ever done before in a single game was a shirt plus a parachuting Chick-fil-a cow with free food coupons.

bayonetbrant

I heard a great quote from Calipari on the radio today: "We don't have subs; we have reinforcements"

I don't like the guy, but he can recruit like crazy.  The quote made me laugh.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

I heard that also Brant and also thought it was great.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

airboy

Early in the season, but Kentucky is playing at a different level than everyone else.  They are tall, talented, and amazingly deep.  They are just pounding opponents.

MetalDog

Did anyone hear Pitino the other day?  After crushing a vastly inferior opponent he said, and I'm paraphrasing, but, it went something like, "We did everything we could.  We even played four white guys and an Egpytian."
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

OJsDad

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

airboy

bayonetbrant

State-Carolina on right now...  Refs are already acting like twits - at least 2 swats to State players' faces not called, but State is also throwing up some dumb shots.

airboy

UNC got a tough win at NC State last night.  I'm working so many hours right now that I could not watch the game.