Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

French frigate Latouche-Tréville (D646) fighting heavy seas in the Bay of Biscay

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

The 65,000-ton (tonne) HMS Queen Elizabeth, Britain's soon-to-be newest aircraft carrier...

It's going to field the new F-35C (carrier version) when it's operational...in 2020.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-28146412

Weird-looking thing, with the two islands...the front one for navigation and the rear one for aircraft ops.

GDS_Starfury

But they do give some cover to an elevator.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Steelgrave

At least they're not calling it a destroyer!

mirth

The Brits prefer "through-deck cruisers" when referring to their "not an aircraft carrier" aircraft carriers.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Right, their 65,000-ton cruiser... lol.  ::)

mirth

undercovergeek

seen from where on USS  Los Angeles?

Barthheart

Looks like the USS Los Angeles might be a air ship (zeppelin).... took me a bit to realise the "pods" are engine mounts, plus the altitude of the shot...

mirth

undercovergeek

Quote from: Barthheart on July 07, 2014, 12:08:08 PM
Looks like the USS Los Angeles might be a air ship (zeppelin).... took me a bit to realise the "pods" are engine mounts, plus the altitude of the shot...

it was indeed - so sayeth the google

Staggerwing

And that big tower on the USS Patoka is there for the Los Angeles to hook onto:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

QuoteAn artist's impression of the nuclear guided missile cruiser USS Long Beach (CGN-9) converted into an AEGIS cruiser, an unrealized facelift from 1977 or 1978.

mirth

Interior of a Japanese midget sub (with apologies to Gus)

mirth